Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking mindees to Mcdonalds

What are your thoughts on it? One of my mindees has their birthday next week and as him mum (single parent) cant get out of working she's asked me to take him and the others there for a happy meal and she'll pay for it.

I said I'd check with the other parents that they didn't mind. What are your opinions on it. I cant see the harm in it as an occasional treat for a special occasion like this.

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Taking mindees to Mcdonalds

In my opinion there is no problem with it.
    I have never yet taken mindees to McDs' but to KFC once for the last day of school.
    I told parents beforehand.
    I cook homemade healthy meals all year round and occasionally I don't see an issue taking children to have fast food etc.

If they learn from a young age to eat healthy and know that it is ok to have the odd treat than I think it is much better for them than if you completely disallow these things and then they go craving them when they are older because they used to be forbidden....

enjoy your meal out with the kids!!
    Nicole xx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember about 3 yrs ago my childminder asking me the same thing about taking my DS as it was someones birthday and I had no problem with it at all. I haven't done it yet but I may do one day if it's a special occasion for someone. Depends on the parents as to if they agree though I guess.

xxxx

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No problem in my house. Not that I or my own kids have ever liked McDs.

Love KFC though - have taken mindees there on odd occasions. All ok with parents.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also do it, once in a while as a special treat, if parents agree cant do any harm, surely.

i took 2 of my mindees a few weeks ago as we were toy shopping and it was only place i could think of that was clean, easy to get double buggy into, had changing facilities/high chairs and offered kiddy meals.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done for birthdays etc. they all know (even my littlies) that macdonalds is not terribly good for you and we don't eat it often but I don't see any harm - everything in moderation

Non childminder member
    Ex Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

At first I thought you were asking about a more regular occurance than a birthday. I think as long as parents give permission then why not. It is a birthday after all

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Ziggy so long as it ok with the parents, sometimes it is the only place accessable with a pram that is clean. Only take mine as a special treat but must say I love the milk shakes.

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

We went in the school holidays for a treat and parents had no problem with it. As long as its occasionally I can't see any problem at all! Mmmmm KFC

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, I would also check with parents first and for babies salt content is probably unacceptable so I would probably take something for the under 18m/2-s and reassure parents I'm doing so.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that all (except maybe 1) of my mindees, get taken to McDonalds by their parents, so don't have a problem there (have only been once or twice in total). I know the other mindee's mum probably wouldn't like it so would have to ask her and is she said no, would have to arrange it for a day when her lo isn't here

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAROLYN View Post
    I know that all (except maybe 1) of my mindees, get taken to McDonalds by their parents, so don't have a problem there (have only been once or twice in total). I know the other mindee's mum probably wouldn't like it so would have to ask her and is she said no, would have to arrange it for a day when her lo isn't here
    I go to the local burger king sometimes, as it has a soft play area too, I take a healthy snack for the little ones and buy a drink (milk or water) and some fruit for them.
    Ali xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've take the older children. I was inspected last week and it was written in the children's files. The inspector didn't comment at all.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We go to Mcdonalds, or a like, once a week. I have 3 little ones so I get 3 meals, 1 chips, 1 apple and 1 carrot.
    Debbie

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

personally i wouldn't but i wouldn't get permission from the parents i don't think they probably would for fish and chips i just think mac Donalds has got such a bad rep for healthy eating that i wouldn't don't think any of the children i mind bar maybe one has been to mac Donalds. i think my dds have been maybe once or twice with there dad. we did go out for smoothies to a smoothie bar for my dds 3rd birthday recently that was cool
    sorry maccy ds not for me
    shelley xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a problem with going and have taken older mindees in school holidays before. I have to agree with salt content being too high for little children so would probably take something for them and let them have a chip if it is an issue for them. I would also get parental permission first.

Lady Haha Guest

I take my schoolie mindees to Macdonalds once a week in school hols and asked all the parents first.

On my first inspection (well, only inspection!), I tried to impress the inspector by asking the children if they remembered where we had been the day before (as it was the museum and I thought that would go down well with the inspector). Straight away the shouted 'MACDONALDS'!!!!! which is where we went after the museum The inspector was fine with it though.

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I take them occasionally as a treat to one with a play area, non of the parents mind
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've taken mindees with prior parents permission. I did ask a parent last year if I could take their child for his birthday and was told NO in no uncertain terms so I asked where I could take him and she was happy with Pizza Express so we did that instead. Was just mindee and my DD - they both had birthdays at Christmas so I took them as a treat.

nov 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a problem with it. I take 3 mindees sometimes and get 3 fish fingers. 3 milks 2 fruit pack and share 1 chips between them. Parents are ok with it. So once in a blue moon should be fine .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast