Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: EYPS bursary

Registered Childminder since
    January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EYPS bursary

A couple of questions, if anyone knows. I had assumed that it was something I applied for if needed but it looks like we just get handed £800 on a plate. Does anyone know if this is the case? If I don't spend it do I have to give it back or can I spend it on improving my setting? And would a bursary be taxable?
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: EYPS bursary

i know the course fees being paid is automatic. I thought bursary was £1,000 hon. I wasn't sure how or when this got paid. It's to cover loss of income (or in other settings to cover for support staff isn't it?

aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'GOOD'
    Post Thanks / Like

i get loss of earnings to cover my time at uni and have never had to pay it back, i did have to apply tho.

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it varies in different areas. The thing is that I can't see me using it much, if at all, and the idea that I'm getting this money seems wonderful but unbelievable!
    I wonder if I can use some of it to pay myself back my loss of earnings from the days I'm at uni.......?

Tammy, do you know the tax situation with it? Is it something you declare on the tax return?

aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'GOOD'
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by venus89 View Post
    I think it varies in different areas. The thing is that I can't see me using it much, if at all, and the idea that I'm getting this money seems wonderful but unbelievable!
    I wonder if I can use some of it to pay myself back my loss of earnings from the days I'm at uni.......?

Tammy, do you know the tax situation with it? Is it something you declare on the tax return?
    i use mine this way, i worked out how much i lost due to afternoon im unavailable for work and claimed that, my la had no problem giving me it my friend has also had a bursery fron uni 2 yrs on the run and this is an 'incentive' to use on books, etc i didn't get this it was £500.

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TammyN View Post
    i use mine this way, i worked out how much i lost due to afternoon im unavailable for work and claimed that, my la had no problem giving me it my friend has also had a bursery fron uni 2 yrs on the run and this is an 'incentive' to use on books, etc i didn't get this it was £500.
    Thank you - most of the parents were able to be flexible but one isn't in the situation to swap days so I'm losing out. It's only a little bit of money but even so, if I can get it back then that's good.

It does seem to be very different in different areas