Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default House Alterations

Hi,

Im due have my training for the pre registration and all the first aid etc completed by january of next year, this coming monday were moving into a bigger house so that my childminding is in a suitable one.

Were due to go on holiday in october, and then theres the christmas panic so money is going to be short over the next few months - The new house were moving too needs to be decorated, badly - Practically gutted and start afresh - My question is that when it comes to the inspection, we more than likely will have one or two stripped walls and the smell of fresh paint in the air, would this be something that the Ofsted inspection officer is going to frown upon? Or would they see that were basically making the alterations to make the house suitable.

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: House Alterations

They will see that you are improving the property and making it suitable and safe for the children.

Tell them and show them exactly what your plans are when they come round

If you are worried, you can ask your development officer to come and take a look and see what they think first

Karen

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: House Alterations

Just to let you know, I have moved your thread out of the Welsh section as I see you are in Yorkshire!

I would go for it! The worst they can do is give you actions to be completed before you start minding.

Good luck and don't forget to keep us updated