Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeah the hols have finished!

As much as i like the school hols i also like it when they are over and the kids go back to school.

i only mind 2 year olds and under at the mo and im ready for toddler groups to start again and am looking foward to be able to go to soft play without finding loads of big kids in the baby area and to be able to go without it costing a fortune to get in as toddler session prices start again.

I went to the park today and it was lovely as it was just full of preschoolers playing and wandering about.

anyone else like term time too?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yeah the hols have finished!

I'm the opposite - I love having tonnes of children to plan around!! The older ones always help here too, it's brilliant. I've always wished that I'd home schooled my eldest, but my hubby was so set against it!! Still, I do some home schooling with him (when he's in the mood) and it's working so well, he's a little genius!! x

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Iam relieved that i only have tomorrow and an inset day on monday before things get back to normal!

They are all great but its the amount of cooking/planning/clearingup that i will not miss. Its none stop from 7am till 6pm or later and i am completely shattered.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daftbat View Post
    Iam relieved that i only have tomorrow and an inset day on monday before things get back to normal!

They are all great but its the amount of cooking/planning/clearingup that i will not miss. Its none stop from 7am till 6pm or later and i am completely shattered.
    Same here. It's non-stop mess . Our's go back Tuesday as well but I'm off for a week come Monday

xxxxx

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive got mixed feelings!
    Im looking forward to the structure of school runs and toddler groups - and ( hopefully) not feeling so exhausted..
    Im looking forward to the park not being full of loitering teens!
    but....Im going to miss my bigger boys and the help they give when theyre off , and their company...

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

looking forward to seeing my term time only children i've actually missed them! But have loads more running around to do as i collect from 2 schools,a nursery and a playgroup so back to early nights for me.
    This summer i've had three children under 5 and have had every wednesday off

may 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how i feel! all my mindees are at school. they kept me busy during the summer hols, but now i am thinking am i doing the right thing childminding, is it really what i want to do? are my own kids missing out? or is it cos they have gone back to school and i am missing them all!!!!!!!!!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

this summer holidays has prompted me to book 3 weeks off next year instead of the usual 2