Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: yay....

Registered Childminder since
    may 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default yay....

Mrs Ofsted just called and granted my variation request for 4 under 5s 3 days a week. Am happy it's all sorted. x

MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: yay....

thats fantastic , have fun xxx
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angiemog View Post
    Mrs Ofsted just called and granted my variation request for 4 under 5s 3 days a week. Am happy it's all sorted. x
    can I ask if it was increased hours for a current mindee or to complete accommodate a new one?

Reason I ask is I have 2 vacancies on Fridays only and am struggling to fill them. Other than taking on loads of after schoolers I'm stuck.

I was thinking if a parent came along asking for 2 other days plus the Friday I would be able to apply for a variation maybe but maybe not as it's a new child. OR whether they might actually let me have a blanket variation to take on a new child on same days as I already have 3.

Is it about area childcare sufficiency as well as continuity for current children??? Sorry, lots of questions.

may 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It was for 3 different children. One for a new mindee I have only had 3 weeks (parent changed jobs) one for a baby sibling and a change of day for another mindee which worked out really well cos my new mindee needed 5 days instead of the 3. So I have 3 on a Monday and Friday and 4 on Tues, Wed and Thurs. However 3 of my parents are shift workers and pay for the week but don't always use the hours plus my husband is registered as my assistnat so on days he is home I can have up to 6 under 5s. I thin k eacg case is looked at individually. Good Luck x

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi how long did it take for your variation im still waiting 4weeks later. thats good news youve got it

may 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I put one in on the 3rd and one on the 9th August. I need them for next week. I hadn't heard anything so I called them today they called back within an hour and granted it. Hope you get yours too. x