Having problems with feedback from parents.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sep 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Having problems with feedback from parents.

Hi, not sure how i go about this. I know that we need to be showing that we are communicating with parents about their child, but one set of parents just don't seem to be bothered. I sent home an all about me form a month ago for them to fill out and I still have not got it back (after asking for it 4 times in the daily diary which i am not sure is looked at). Can i just write down myself what parents and the child have said to me verbally or do they have to write it themselves to prove they have said it? l Hope i am making sense. Thanks

MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Having problems with feedback from parents.

i have a comment sheet so when parents say something then i write it down and have a copy, i have a set who dont write things down but then i have another who wirte every day but for each one i have seperate sheet just for notes or comments that get passed onto me so i dont forget

worth a try, the do liked it
    xxx
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I often write down parents comments on their behalf and just make a note - verbal comment.

Otherwise I would rarely get anything back from more than 1 or 2 of them.

Hth

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

stick it under there nose next time they come in and ask them to sign

xxxx
    Jennie x x

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I often write down parents comments on their behalf and just make a note - verbal comment.

Otherwise I would rarely get anything back from more than 1 or 2 of them.

Hth
    I do the same. I even do it the daily diaries - "mum said that...bla bla........." In the hope that the parents will write comments.

Some are fab though you always get 1 or 2

Sept 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I offered all mine an incentive last time - a cdrom of photos - funny - every set responded!

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we all have trouble getting feedback from some of our parents, while some are very good some are either too busy or just couldn't be bothered.

In each child's LJ I have an A4 sheet titled 'The Parents Voice' with 8 speech bubbles on it, each time a parent makes a comment, I write it in a speech bubble.

I also have a similar page with 'The Child's Voice' and note any cute/funny things they say....and some annoying ones sometimes like shouting 'Kar' 'Kar' 'Kar' all day long

Karen

jun 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

or you can go down the threatening route and say it is a requirment of ofsted to have feed back forms from parents and if you got inspected you may fail because of this and then you wouldnt have a childminder lol worth a try or you can just beg which sometimes i feel iam doing i handed 7 forms out to parents for feed back and got 3 back not a good ratio is it !!!!!!they will be getting the forms every week now until they fill them in !!!! hopefully they will get sick of me asking or i have even gone to a parents house before to get paper work sorted as the parents dont seemed as bothered if you sitting in their house they have no choice but to do it lol

you could also leave a poster on the wall saying thats all paper work has to be filled in and returned please dont let me down as it will make me look bad
    Last edited by karenandsmile; 07-09-2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: add