Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help coming of benifit

I was read on here a few weeks ago a couple of posts about how peopple had managed to get some start up money to buy toys. I am coming of benifit in the next few weeks hopefully to start minding. They make all these promises about helping you get back to work or setting up a bussiness. So last week i asked about help setting up. No idea what i was talking about.

Could i provide the official name of a grant to set up my own bussiness. Though that was there job not mine

I know i can claim half back for courses. But i am sure a couple of you said you had got money for equipment from the benifit office

What help have others had and if any what was it called.

Thanks Elaine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help coming of benifit

When I first started out I got a Start Up Grant, but that was through my CIS (now FIS) and not through the Job Centre - they were useless. x

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help coming of benifit

Hi Elaine, I've been on Jobseekers since I was made redundant, and have been told that if I claim for 13 weeks or more, I qualify for £50 a week for 16 weeks, to help me set up my business. It's called self employment credit, I found something...
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...Work/DG_173931
    I'm not sure if you have to be on Jobseekers or any other benefit. Mad thing is, if you claim for LESS than 13 weeks, you get nothing!!! What a joke. My 13 weeks is up on 8th September and my first contract starts on the 20th, so will get the £50. They'll also help you with business advice, etc.

I've had my introductory course and First Aid paid for by the local council, and been told that they'll fund me to do the whole of the child care qualification. I've not applied yet, but that's what my trainer told me.

Good luck, let me know if you need to know anything else and I'll see if I can help?xxx