Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What would you do???

Hiya,

I'm reg'd for 2 under 5's. E ( my new mindee) doesn't start until October and is only doing 3 days week, leaving me with 2 full days, and the other full-time space free.

I just had a v promising enquiry - and I should mention this is only my third enquiry THIS YEAR!!!! - who also wants 3 days a week, but hasn't decided which days yet.

Now, I know it will be hard as I'll have new mindee who'll be 7 months, E who'll be 1, and my dd who'll be 20 months. I've already thought that I'll put new mindee in a sling for the school run and the other 2 in the double (it's only a 40 min round trip). Having that many babies doesn't bother me as been a nanny to 4 before.

So, would you take it on and be happy that finally some work has come my way, and hope that by next spring dd will be happy walking and 2 mindees in the buggy by then, or would you say no and hope that another enquiry comes along soon, although there's been hardly anything??????

Marnie
    x

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What would you do???

I would do it, but you would have to RA every senario/trip in your mind to see if you are happy and confident to do it.
    Good luck. Wish I would get some enquiries!!
    Carol xx

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Id gladly do it...but personally not keen on slings so would have to purchase a triple buggy especially asmy dd is now 3 and loves going in her buggy...she alway says shes tired lol

xxxx
    Jennie x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yip, I'd nab it... esp as your inquiries are so few and far btwn!
    Jen

Post Thanks / Like

yes i would do it. You could always get a buggy board (some fit double) or a strolli rider for your 20 month old?
    Little Miss Chatterbox xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'd do it too! You've been a nanny to 4 so you are well enough experienced, forward thinking and a bit of common sense and you'll be fine-after all they get older every day and will only be awkward for a short time!
    I had 3 under 2 (all between 16-19months) for a while and while it presented challenges and was hard work, it was fun-the worst bit was later when they all potty trained at the same time, thought i was going to go potty myself!!

Ali

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

yep if you think you could manage why not but make sure you do a settling period for all that way theres notice if i didnt work out. would you need a variation for 1 day a week? hope it works out for you

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoke to her and we're meeting tomorrow - she needs a cm in 4 weeks time!!!! Seems like she'll be flexible on days so it could work out that I'll only have both babies on 1 day a week!!!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Go for it.
    My son is 17 months and i have a mindee 18 months and another 13 months. I did have a 22 month old for a while too although not all 4 at the same time of course. It is hard work, and can be difficult to get out and about, but its great fun.

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

I say go for it and to be honest I would aim to have the new mindee on the same days as the other mindee meaning you have 1-1 time with your own child rather than constantly having mindees all day 5 days a wk.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Definately go for it, although I would be inclined to go with a triple pushchair. That said in a couple of months your onw little one could use a buggy board (dependant on your double that is) you can get the seat buggy board?

x