Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: how many RAs ??

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how many RAs ??

hi, its me again sorry. i'm tackling the risk assesments, and i have gone through my house and garden, got my list.

but im not sure ive got enough, people seem to have lots and lots , i've got examples of others, but some seem so in depth that its barmy

i can see how most of this is common sense too, but have i really got to write everything down like this.

is it a case of the policies and procedures , where you only use the ones suited to you.

or is it cover every little detail.

how many risk assesments can there be ??? i'm guessing hundreds by they way i'm thinking at the moment..

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how many RAs ??

i dont have hundreds , but the ones i have are in depth .. its valuable as a way to cover your back should any accidents happen in the future..
    I have home , each room etc
    garden
    car
    school run
    plus each place we visit..so high street , library , childrens centre , soft play , various parks etc , cm friends homes ...wherever you go...but of course these dont need doing straight away , you would build them up as you go...

they are all revisited regularly and updated if there are any changes , or any new children...

Its a pain but once they are in place take very little time to keep on top of...

My favourite examples are these , and they were recommended by my prereg inspector http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonl.../CYP090021.pdf

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how many RAs ??

I have one for each room in the house, garden, garage, car. Outings - car, walking, bike, swimming, shops, toddler groups, soft play, school, Millets Farm, Longleat etc...
    Debbie