Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: confused

Registered Childminder since
    0ct 199
    Post Thanks / Like

Default confused

Hi,
    I am a childminder and a parent has asked me if i provide free childcare places for 3-4 year olds. I believe that you have to be in a network to do this and i am hoping to join a network very soon. However, i don't know how to apply for government funding to be able to deliver this service. Can anyone help please?

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: confused

you have to be accredited your local extended services person should be able to help otherwise ask your la.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

the network co-ordinator deals with it all here.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

you need to have an nvq 3 in childcare to be accredited then you can join the network and accept the funding which is done through your network development officer.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just about finished the process, I had to have a level 3 qualification, be a member of a network, fill in a load of paperwork saying how I would deliver the nursery education / EYFS for 3 - 4yos and I need to have a meeting with an early years teacher. I am told some places require you to have been registered a year but thats not the case here.

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gigglinggoblin View Post
    I have just about finished the process, I had to have a level 3 qualification, be a member of a network, fill in a load of paperwork saying how I would deliver the nursery education / EYFS for 3 - 4yos and I need to have a meeting with an early years teacher. I am told some places require you to have been registered a year but thats not the case here.
    I'm also in the process, I am just waiting for my cm support officer to sign my paperwork to varify that i'm a suitable person to deliver the educational side and be able to cope with the extra paperwork involved.

I have L3 EY Childcare and Education plus all the other rev. certs. !st aid etc. I am an advanced cm, a member of our local network. I had to collect together my prospectus, certain policies, my L3 cert. one of each type of risk assessment that I use (completed). and my Ofsted reg. cert. and fill out a form.

I now need to send all this off to County Hall, they make an appointment to come out and observe me working and go through my LJ's etc.

Then they let me know if I am successfull or not - phew

We are running a pilot scheme in our area where we can use NEF for 2/3 and 4 yr olds So hope I do get through