cookingfor mindees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aly Guest

Default cookingfor mindees

do you provide different meals or a portion from your meal the night before or do you do on the day?

I will have a full time mindee who will want food probably lunchtime as she will leave about 4.30. at the mo i only provide a hot meal for 1 boy on a friday and usually if its pasta i do it there and then as its a quick meal.

So i need to organise myself properly and looking for suggestions.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: cookingfor mindees

I used to provide hot meals and would freeze portions down to be used when there was not time to prepare a fresh meal. Otherwise I would do something quick and simple and plan meals in advance so you can prep the food before mindees arrive.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I make small portions to freeze of shepherds pie, spag bol sauce (and cook the pasta when I need it), homemade small pizza, sausage casserole and mash, meatballs in sauce with rice. I find margarine tubs make a good size container for freezing food. I pop it it the fridge the night before so that it's defrosted the next day.

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by funemnx View Post
    I make small portions to freeze of shepherds pie, spag bol sauce (and cook the pasta when I need it), homemade small pizza, sausage casserole and mash, meatballs in sauce with rice. I find margarine tubs make a good size container for freezing food. I pop it it the fridge the night before so that it's defrosted the next day.
    I did buy from costco the big packs of those chinese takeaway pots with lids so use them to freeze foods. I will have to have 1 day of maybe cookign and freezing some foods and then doing bigger portions of our tea to save a portion...lol.

DO you stick to a menu for parents or whatever is on offer for the day and note it?

sorry lots of q's today.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

As I'm only feeding 2 sisters 2 days a week, I e-mail the mum with a menu for the month so that they don't end up with the same meal they've had at home.

I'd rather not do meals at all if I can help it though! It can get really frustrating when all you hear is 'I don't like this'