Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does this sound ok?

I know from my other thread that some of us charge extra for outings and other don't- i have decided that for some outings i will need to- otherwise i just wouldn't be able to afford to go! I have written this to give to parents, does it sound ok? I was going to ask for one set amount to cover maybe 3-4 trips over the whole summer, but after talking to friends decided parents will probably prefer to be told about each one separately.

Dear Parents,
    I am planning on taking the children on some outings over the summer. Many of the places I plan to go to are free, but I will need to ask you for a small contribution towards the cost of some of those that have admission charges.
    The first trip I have planned is Butterfly World. Entry is free for children under 3 years, but I am asking for a contribution of £3 to allow us to go in to the soft play centre.
    I will need your contributions by Wednesday 28th July.
    Many thanks

amirose Guest

Default Re: Does this sound ok?

Make sure you add on if they have any question/queries/concerns that they are welcome to discuss them with you.
    I also would probably write, "Providing you are happy for your child to attend on this trip please can you make sure all contributions are in by xyz"

Registered Childminder since
    Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does this sound ok?

Hi
    What are the options if they don't want their child to go? If it is a part time child could you go a different day or give the option of them not sending child that day?? (and maybe not charging them?) £3 doesn't sound too much to me as a trip out but you never quite know how a parent will react!!
    Enjoy the summer!!
    Judi
    PS Yes, it did sound ok - but maybe think about if you did want to include an option if they didn't want to pay/include their child.