Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Daily Dairies

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Daily Dairies

I am currently designing my daily dairies and was just wondering if I have to do 2 copies every day - one for the parents and one for my folder?

It would seem like a lot of paperwork to keep so logically I wouldn't but now I am not sure?

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Daily Dairies

I put mine in an a5 zip wallet and the whole thing goes back and forth, so far my parents have been really good and remember to bring it.....

I do a weekly sheet that has the different days on, it folds like a booklet. there is room for the parents to write about what they have done at the weekend.
    the front cover has about food and nap times one and things..
    boo

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

just one book that goes to and from home/here and all I used was cheapy chirpy school like exercise books then covered them in the childs prefered choice of paper and let them decorate it.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i have a daily diary for each child. I dont keep a copy. I do have weekly planning sheets and spaces for activities. I write up each activity and evaluate it. this all goes in my planning folder. I also have a copy of each childs personal planning in this folder...the other copy goes in the childs learning journey

mandy xxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking along the lines of a folder which can be taken home and then I had a sudden "is that acceptable" moment.

All this paperwork is giving me a headache at the moment

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

ummm, my personal opinion ....

a book would be easier than a folder containing lose sheets as sheet can be removed easier plus writing in a book saves printing out each day.

All you need to add in a daily diary is the basics, food, nappies, sleep, toys.
    I also added accident book needs to be signed
    I would also add J wrote his name today all on his own or little comments along that line but not daily

then everything else goes in the learning journal, i sent one home every half term and the others were viewed and discussed in my home due to the fear of them not being returned back to me.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I will have a book in a folder - but a A4 book that I have put together.

I still have time yet as I haven't got everything together that I can send off my paperwork yet so I have a while to decide these things

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Each child has a book that goes back and forth and I write a summary of what we've been doing throughout the day, nappies, food, anything relevant. Then I have a book for me that I write who was here when, what we did - only in not form - notes to myself for obs I need to write, anything the daily Risk Assessment flagged up, to do lists, photos, stuff like that. I've found this much easier than loose sheets, which I started with, then everything I need is in one place rather than lots and lots of bits of separate pieces of paper.
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by venus89 View Post
    Each child has a book that goes back and forth and I write a summary of what we've been doing throughout the day, nappies, food, anything relevant. Then I have a book for me that I write who was here when, what we did - only in not form - notes to myself for obs I need to write, anything the daily Risk Assessment flagged up, to do lists, photos, stuff like that. I've found this much easier than loose sheets, which I started with, then everything I need is in one place rather than lots and lots of bits of separate pieces of paper.
    I do this too, if the parents put in any comments that can be added to the childs learning journey- new interests, something they have learned at home- then I photocopy the page and add it to the learning journey aswell.

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green puppy View Post
    I do this too, if the parents put in any comments that can be added to the childs learning journey- new interests, something they have learned at home- then I photocopy the page and add it to the learning journey aswell.
    That's a good idea.
    Although I only have one parent who has ever written in the daily diaries, eevn though they all have a not in them saying please do.....
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if i can name names but i buy mine from a fab childminding website.

When i had my inspection Ofsted lady commented on how fab it was.

FEB 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default daily dairies- under 1yrs

Hi,
    Just wanted to ask if i needed to do a daily dairy for an 8 month child. The child likes to play and is trying to crawl, but doesn't really do much else, unless off course i do story time with her, but most activities i do for the other children, she doesn't join in as, she is either sleeping or having her bottle, so can i do a weekly dairy instead? Does that make any sense?

Thanks

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sophie1977 View Post
    Hi,
    Just wanted to ask if i needed to do a daily dairy for an 8 month child. The child likes to play and is trying to crawl, but doesn't really do much else, unless off course i do story time with her, but most activities i do for the other children, she doesn't join in as, she is either sleeping or having her bottle, so can i do a weekly dairy instead? Does that make any sense?

Thanks
    I do one for each child, especially under 3's detailing food, milk, sleeps, nappies etc... I then jot down a quick summery of what they have done, their mood, where we have been. I pop in anything I want to check with parents as sometimes drop off and pick up are too busy to talk proparly, I then leave a space for parents comments.