How much to charge for homecooked organic lunch and tea ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Kimmy050983 Guest

Default How much to charge for homecooked organic lunch and tea ?

Hi, I am just writing up all my fees and struggle to find the right price for my food. I cook everything fresh from organic food, for lunches i cook meat, carbs and veg and for tea a vegetarian tea like soup, baked potato etc.
    How much would you charge for these? organic meat and veg is more expensive than normal so I thought 2 pounds for lunch and 1 pound for tea , is that reasonable?

Thanks
    Kimmy

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How much to charge for homecooked organic lunch and tea ?

More than reasonable!
    Jen

Registered Childminder since
    sep 90
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont do "cooking" but I know some that do and charge £2.50 for cooked tea - spag bol etc with a yog or similar for pudding

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge £2.50 for lunch/dinner/tea and .50p for breakfast. Can you actually cook 2 meals for £3.00 as I can't? Look at it as if you are only cooking for that one child as somedays you maybe.
    Debbie

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds very good value to me!

Also i wouldnt trap yourself by your policies. What i mean is make sure you put that you 'usually' provide a home cooked organic meal , rather than always.....Very little difference except you are free to make sandwiches for a picnic if you feel like it , buy non-organic tomatos if there are no organic ones etc... with no comeback..

Ive just been back through all my policies to check where i was veering away from what id stated , and amended a few ....

Kimmy050983 Guest

thanks everyone,

well my son is 18 months and has so far had a homecooked meal every day, but have not put in my policies that meals will HAVE to be organic. but we´re not eating non organic meat ( i just couldnt justify that to myself, whereas there is the odd non organic vegetable from local greengrocer) so the parents will know that it is MAINLY organic

well I think I will charge 2.50 for lunch then and 1.50 for tea as tea is vegetarian (ie without meat). as Jamie there anyway i have to cook everyday. (he has got many allergies so that´s why he isnt eating anything processed)

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy050983 View Post
    Hi, I am just writing up all my fees and struggle to find the right price for my food. I cook everything fresh from organic food, for lunches i cook meat, carbs and veg and for tea a vegetarian tea like soup, baked potato etc.
    How much would you charge for these? organic meat and veg is more expensive than normal so I thought 2 pounds for lunch and 1 pound for tea , is that reasonable?

Thanks
    Kimmy
    I would spend a little time acutually costing up some menus. I was surprised how much meals were costing me, as my breakfast boy eats like a horse and my tea time girl sometimes has cooked as she will choose a baguette for school dinner and will somedays eat loads too