Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default evidence for joining a network

I'm completely stumped on a few of the questions in the evidence for joining the network and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

'What commitment could you make to the network, and what can you offer now and in the future' - there's a whole page for this so they're obviously expecting plenty but I can't think of anything!

'What do you know about planning activities to help children learn and progress' - do they actually mean why is it beneficial to plan?

'What do you know about aspects of children's development' - don't even know where to start with this one, what do they mean by aspects and how much detail do they want.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me, thanks

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: evidence for joining a network

'What commitment could you make to the network, and what can you offer now and in the future' - there's a whole page for this so they're obviously expecting plenty but I can't think of anything!

what can YOU personally bring to the network:
    committment to training and disseminating information
    playing an active role in promoting the network - ie attending events, networking with colleagues and other professionals
    attending network meetings
    sharing good practice
    openess to learning
    being professional - supporting other colleagues and families
    understanding child development

for example

'What do you know about planning activities to help children learn and progress' - do they actually mean why is it beneficial to plan?

why do you plan - you plan because you have already observed childrens strengths, weaknesses, interests so you take this information and work it into adult/child led opportunities so that the child can build on what they know and progress
    how does planning help you

'What do you know about aspects of children's development' -
    you know that children develop at different rates, have individual interests, dispositions and learning styles
    you know that they EYFS allows for this as it has overlapping age groups - EYFS is only a guide
    you know that child development can depend on the environment, socio-economic factors - ie if they are disadvantaged family they may not have the money to send the child to XYZ clubs, the parents themselves may have learning difficulties, the family may not place importance on what others may consider important - ie social development or would prefer them to be phyical rather than academic
    each child needs to be assessed individually
    Children may 'skip' stages
    children may be advanced in one area and 'behind' in another area
    the eyfs takes account of the 6 areas of development - use the notes in front of the grids

hope some of that helps

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    I'm completely stumped on a few of the questions in the evidence for joining the network and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

'What commitment could you make to the network, and what can you offer now and in the future' - there's a whole page for this so they're obviously expecting plenty but I can't think of anything! I'm guessing that you will attend meetings and events where necessary, offer to support other childmidners, perhaps work as a community childminder if there are opportunties to do so, commit to improve and lead practice locally?

'What do you know about planning activities to help children learn and progress' - do they actually mean why is it beneficial to plan? i think you're right I would think they are asking why it's beneficial, so the advantages of planning for child-led learning and supporting next steps.
    'What do you know about aspects of children's development' - don't even know where to start with this one, what do they mean by aspects and how much detail do they want. i would maybe discuss that's it important to observe and monitor development in different areas of learning under the EYFS but that you are aware they all support each other.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me, thanks

then talk a bit specifically about how you do this. I guess you could link the 2nd and 3rd questions together really.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both, that's an excellent help

aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'GOOD'
    Post Thanks / Like

this is useful info as im about to fill mine in too

Post Thanks / Like

Question question

Hello everyone! I'm completing my Initial assessment now. I'm ok with most of the questions but I do have problems with answering one of them.

HOW DO YOU MEASURE THE IMPACT OF YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT?????
    Could you help me?

Thank you
    Geanina

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geanina View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm completing my Initial assessment now. I'm ok with most of the questions but I do have problems with answering one of them.

HOW DO YOU MEASURE THE IMPACT OF YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT?????
    Could you help me?

Thank you
    Geanina
    Through reflecting on your practice so for example I have what I call a continuous improvement plan so once a month I look at the setting and record new things that have been bought in training I'd like to do things that need improvement and record what we did, how it could be better and any improvements I'd like to do! Also your next steps, planning and observations I feel would come into this

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, thank you very much for your answer.