Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default enough info without overload?

I got an email from a lady in the village who is hoping to become a childminder. she has started the process , and has her prereg next week. She asked if she could pop round and see us , how a minder is 'set up'.
    Now She is coming this aft , and I will help all I can - but - dont want to scare her off with the amount of paperwork etc I have , but she needs to see the big picture.
    So ladies , how much is too much? What would you have liked to know?
    Best go and tidy up now!!!

Registered Childminder since
    apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: enough info without overload?

I would like to have known the Real Pros and Cons. Im sure that any advice is good advice as you have real experience. I think just be honest and she will appreciate it. Some things you just have to learn for yourself, i.e dealing with parents
    Hope it all goes well

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: enough info without overload?

I'm sure she'll be grateful just to have you to talk to, a friendly face is worth a lot in this line of work.

I agree with MAWI about being honest and telling her the pros and cons. I'd also see what information she wanted from me, then you can fill in any gaps.

Have a lovely time.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!