What is the process to becoming accredited?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the process to becoming accredited?

I would like to become an accredited CM.
    I have been trying to look up how to go about this and found all the information very basic.

I understand you need to become a Network CM and then work towards becoming accrdited.

Please could someone explain in more detail the process of becoming both a Network CM and an Accredited CM, who to contact, what's involved & how long each process takes etc.

Many thanks
    Toothfairy

aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'GOOD'
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What is the process to becoming accredited?

have you got a cm coordinator, if so they are the one's to contact, mine is through Early Years Team!
    check that there's a network near you and then it goes from there, we haven't got a network so are in the process of starting one up.
    it's not a quick fix tho, to become accredited takes 12 months, so ive been told!

Pipsqueak Guest

just going through it right now - actually started the paperwork today!

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a load of forms to fill in to say about how I would deliver early years education and stuff similar to SEF, I have to join network (in process), have a level 3 qualification (hoping mine is relevant) and have good or better for last ofsted. Then I have to see network coordinator again and not sure after that but I only met to talk about it last week and she thinks I can be done by September (but that might be cos they are a bit desperate round here and trying to rush things through)

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have the phone number of the Network Coordinator for my area, I am going to give her a call tomorrow.

I just wanted to know from CM's who have already done it/doing it what the process is.
    I know it takes around 12m, I'm not in any rush, I just feel its the 'next step' for me.

All the info I found from the NCMA was very basic, I wanted to know from someone who had done it, what they had to do to get it.
    Toothfairy

aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'GOOD'
    Post Thanks / Like

from what i can gather the paperwork can be shared by you and what the coordinator observes on her visits i wasn't keen on the paperwork as im just about to start year 3 of my Foundation Degree in Early Years, so don't need anymore!
    Gigglinggobblin where are you from?

TheBTeam Guest

Think there are slight variations in each area, cos it depends on what you call a 'network'. In our area we have to be working towards/achieved our county quality standard, attend our local childrens centre evening meetings, and be ofsted good or better.

I have just completed the audit required to renew my quality standard as mine ran out in Nov09 and only just decided to go for accreditation, this gets reviewed by a panel and then they come out and do the FCCERS thing, then once this is done I can start the accreditation process.

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm an accredited Childminder. Here you have to have a Good Ofsted grading and have an NVQ level3. I had both.
    My network co-ordinator came out to see me and went through all the information. I then had to fill out a small form about how I would meet the EYFS for the 3-4 year olds really easy.
    She then came a second time to observe me doing an activity with the children and then she decided that I had passed the observation and my form was very detailed and my certificate arrived a few weeks later.

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

i was doing this now ive stopped as the rate to deliever it is so low its not worth the effort

the extra training i enjoyed
    One life live it

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

First I had to be on network, that took a while with assessments etc . I already had a relevant level 3 so I started the accreditation process. It did involve a fair bit of paperwork and more assessments but got there eventually.
    The rate paid is just a bit more than my hrly rate so for anyone charging more than this it is not such a good idea. I did the accreditation for CPD and to give parents more choice as to where they take up the nursery education. That said, I still haven't been asked to provide them!
    Hey Ho !
    Carol x

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am going to ring my Network Co-ordinator this afternoon and get the ball rolling.

Wish me luck
    Toothfairy

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

For me too it is all about CPD and having access to more training. Doubt I will ever deliver it but I am very nosey and I like to know as much as I can