Time to Go
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to Go

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Time to Go

As you know I have problems in getting my "parents" to leave (they can be here upto an hour or more). I am reworking my P&P's at the moment and have come up with this.

How does this sound:

In accordance with my insurance requirements/advice, NCMA & Ofsted guidance – if your child(ren) stay on my premises/within my service provider care at collecting time for more than 10 minutes when you or another person responsible for the child(ren) is present then I shall have to charge £_______________________ per 15 minutes until you and your child leave the setting/my care and your child is signed out. As explained in section Attendance Recording - I have to sign the exact times child(ren) come into and leave my care/setting.

Any other suggestions/reword etc???

Registered Childminder since
    May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Time to Go

I am rubbish with wording stuff but maybe something to explain that you are breaching your insurance as the child is only insured for contracted hours unless in an emergency blah blah blah and that you can get into trouble with Ofsted. (This may already be in your policy info though). Oh its a hard one this. Instead of saying you are charging x amount more - maybe say that you will have to change contract to time the child is leaving, therefore it wil cost x amount more. God I waffle sometimes when I cant explain it in speech.
    Annie x

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds ok to me but can't you just tell them you've finished for the day and now it's time to b*****r off

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    sounds ok to me but can't you just tell them you've finished for the day and now it's time to b*****r off
    Yeah thats the right wording.
    Annie x

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks annie
    i can always find the right word when it comes to swearing

Pipsqueak Guest

Its easier for me to have things in writing!!! I am too soft when it comes to talking to people (if I have it in writing to back it up then I am fine).

Perhaps I can just carry a little card saying "go away now please"

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

i have one mum who likes to talk and she sort of creeps further and further into the house but when i've had enough i pick up the lo and just walk to the door open it and say right mummmy needs to go home now and i need a wee
    see you tomorrow.

it always works for me and i don't think it offends mum

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post

Its easier for me to have things in writing!!! I am too soft when it comes to talking to people (if I have it in writing to back it up then I am fine).

Perhaps I can just carry a little card saying "go away now please"
    for me it's easier to say things like that as after a week they will forget what you've written and you will need to keep referring back to it instead of just saying it nicely every day when eventually it will sink in

Pipsqueak Guest

for me it's easier to say things like that as after a week they will forget what you've written and you will need to keep referring back to it instead of just saying it nicely every day when eventually it will sink in
    Hah - with this set of parents not a lot sinks in...

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

OVER AN HOUR!!!!!!!!! are they taking the mick or what?? do they not see you have other things to do/children to tend to ????

I have one family, the lady with 3 kids, shes lovely she really is but I have one of hers from 8 - 6 and her other two 3 - 6pm........so by 6 I want my tea and to sit with my hubby and daughters.......it was getting to the point where she was getting to mine just after 6 but would come in a sit down......the 2 boys would be tearing around my house fighting blah blah and it really got to me, now at 5.55 they get there shoes on, I usually see mum drive by my kitchen window so at that point they get their coats on and I help them get there things to the car.......

And what is it about coming in and leaving my porch and front door open....I dont really want to central heat the street you know.......parents come in explaining how COLD it is outside and STILL leave my doors open!!!!!

Any hoo, on one occasion, one said mum, got to my house at 6.15, and of course we where literally all waiting at the door and the kids where shipped out.......she said "oh are you going out tonight?" I just said nope I want to cook my tea!" said it in a jokey way but meant it lol

the new policy sounds fab by the way and you are a saint for putting up with the parents in your home for that long........

You could also say that ofsted are now cracking down on "strangers to other children" being in your home whilst minding as they shouldnt really be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    As you know I have problems in getting my "parents" to leave (they can be here upto an hour or more). I am reworking my P&P's at the moment and have come up with this.

How does this sound:

In accordance with my insurance requirements/advice, NCMA & Ofsted guidance – if your child(ren) stay on my premises/within my service provider care at collecting time for more than 10 minutes when you or another person responsible for the child(ren) is present then I shall have to charge £_______________________ per 15 minutes until you and your child leave the setting/my care and your child is signed out. As explained in section Attendance Recording - I have to sign the exact times child(ren) come into and leave my care/setting.

Any other suggestions/reword etc???
    It has been brought to my attention that, for Fire Regulations and to fulfil Ofsted requirements, anyone who is not CRB checked for or registered to be on my premises must sign themselves in and out using my Visitors Book.

Therefore, from now on, if any parents wish to enter the house at the beginning or end of the day for longer than a quick 5 minute doorstep chat, I will have to enforce this regulation.

Please remember that my overtime charges are £xxx per 15 minutes.

I am always happy to chat by email/text/phone if you have concerns about your child.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just tell them that you cannot do your job of caring for the children if you are talking to them. Tell them if an accident happened to a mindee and Ofsted found out you were chatting to a parent and not paying attention then you could be closed down!!!.

Then you would not be looking after anyone and they would all have to go somewhere else Pile it on, make it seem more serious than it is

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnev707 View Post
    It has been brought to my attention that, for Fire Regulations and to fulfil Ofsted requirements, anyone who is not CRB checked for or registered to be on my premises must sign themselves in and out using my Visitors Book.

Therefore, from now on, if any parents wish to enter the house at the beginning or end of the day for longer than a quick 5 minute doorstep chat, I will have to enforce this regulation.

Please remember that my overtime charges are £xxx per 15 minutes.

I am always happy to chat by email/text/phone if you have concerns about your child.

You say it so much better than I do......yeah I meant what Sarah wrote

Pipsqueak Guest

Excellent Sarah - -I knew you'd come up trumps!!! thank you
    xxx

jun 89
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohh you lot are so horrible...yes please do come in make yourself at home, cup of tea!!! how about setting the table for yourself and kiddies, theres some sleeping bags if you havent bought your bedding! olvaltine anyone!!!!!

yeh right!!!! only joking!!!!

who do these parents think they are? dont they realise YOU have a life?

You letter sounds great... I use my insurance (i'm not covered) for when they arrive early as well.

Good luck and let us know how you get on K

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like something I should be using for the mom that loves standing at my door in any weather

Good luck Vik let me know if it works

Angel xx

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miss muffit View Post
    dont they realise YOU have a life?

K

I have a life outside childminding??????

Does everyone else have this - have I been missing out on something???

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Sounds like something I should be using for the mom that loves standing at my door in any weather

Good luck Vik let me know if it works

Angel xx
    Will do Angel, and I certainly am going to introduce the visitors book for parents staying over 10minutes!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think my parent would care to be honest

She is due to pick up at 6.30 so if she arrives at 5.50 for example she knows she is the last one to arrive for her kids
    I dont call her in but she thinks it is her RIGHT to stay chatting even in the rain till 6.30 and even longer 6.45 sometimes

Its got to the point that the little boy asks for a drink at 6.40 and I say " No Im not looking after you now you will have to have one with mom when you get home " He sulks and she still does not take the hint

I can be very outspoken when I want - maybe a bit too nice though because she still stands here

I never ever mention my bad leg to parents - some do not even know about it
    But to this parent I have explained I am not to stand for long periods

Still no good

Grrrrr

Think I might stick a bomb up her backside one of these times that should shift her haha

Angel xx

jun 89
    Post Thanks / Like

You want to stand at the front door with your mobile in your hand (behind your back) ready to ring your home number press it ....oh thats my phone see you in the morning... i had to do this with one of my parents

mind you it makes you laugh as they should just come and collect and LEAVE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast