Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default potential mindees

Have a parent coming on Monday to meet me and discuss childcare arrangements for her 9yo and 5yo. Although I have one lo booked in already I didn't have to do a visit because she is the daughter of a friend. Panicking a bit now. What do I need to have ready? Also because my certificate is coming tomorrow how do I go about contracts and insurance as it will be part of my start up grant?

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: potential mindees

Quote Originally Posted by KarenM View Post
    Have a parent coming on Monday to meet me and discuss childcare arrangements for her 9yo and 5yo. Although I have one lo booked in already I didn't have to do a visit because she is the daughter of a friend. Panicking a bit now. What do I need to have ready? Also because my certificate is coming tomorrow how do I go about contracts and insurance as it will be part of my start up grant?
    i think you can phone your insurers and they fast track u some contracts x good luck

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

should be able to fast track your insurance.

i think i got mine within 24 hours (well the policy no at least) and if you speak to your DO or a nearby / friendly cm you may be able to borrow some contracts.

Good luck

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ,
    You should have been told during registration who to contact in your local area to get the start up grant sorted. Whoever ran your ICP course would know
    Alternatively your local council should be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope the meeting goes well

bws,
    Wendy

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your advice. Have managed to contact my NCMA branch re the start up grant and they said they will get back to me after checking my eligibility. They never did, but I can ring them again tomorrow. If I'm eligible they can put on my insurance straight away. Going to contact another CM to see if I can borrow a couple of contracts. Just trying to make sure I'm prepared as its all happened really quickly.