Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help how do I handle this??????

Hiya

My neighbour has just come and knocked on the door to inform me that 2 x 8 year old mindees are telling my 2 year old to say "fXXk" and "sxxt" I am absolutely fuming!

They are in same class at home.

She was digging in her garden and heard them on the trampoline

WWYD please? They have admitted to it.
    Network and Support Childminder Ofsted rated "Good"

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help how do I handle this??????

Tell the mindee's firmly that that language is not acceptable and it is absolutely wrong to influence a 2 year old in this way- use the he looks up to you as role models and you expect them to behave appropriately.

Speak to the parents - if it was me - then if it happens again or this any other similar behaviour then they are served notice.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cuffleygirl View Post
    Tell the mindee's firmly that that language is not acceptable and it is absolutely wrong to influence a 2 year old in this way- use the he looks up to you as role models and you expect them to behave appropriately.

Speak to the parents - if it was me - then if it happens again or this any other similar behaviour then they are served notice.
    I totally agree!

I hope your little one is ok xx

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definitely be talking to their parents - you need them to back you up on this.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

give them a telling of explain you do not exept that language and for now as they cant be trusted they can play near you so you can make sure it doesnt happen again i wouldnt tell parents on this occasion but if it happens again i would. good luck

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys

I will be telling parents thats for sure and they are currently going to be kept seperate until after lunch
    Network and Support Childminder Ofsted rated "Good"

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Someone i know was reported to Ofsted for this so I would suggest you do an incident report just in case and I would not leave the 2 year old unsupervised with the 8 year olds in future

Christine

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    Someone i know was reported to Ofsted for this so I would suggest you do an incident report just in case and I would not leave the 2 year old unsupervised with the 8 year olds in future

Christine
    really? I'd better come down more firmly on my kids then. They've been enjoying the mispronounciations my 1 yo mindee makes of words like 'blueberries' and 'peanuts'..... Mind you, he turned up at the door the other day saying '******' - he meant 'cover', which he'd just found with Grandad.......
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by venus89 View Post
    really? I'd better come down more firmly on my kids then. They've been enjoying the mispronounciations my 1 yo mindee makes of words like 'blueberries' and 'peanuts'..... Mind you, he turned up at the door the other day saying '******' - he meant 'cover', which he'd just found with Grandad.......
    My 2 year old DS gets very excited when he sees a horse, shouting very loudly "a*se" His older brother and sister find it very amusing!
    Francine X

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I can always remember my brother sitting in his buggy and saying in a rather load voice 'I have big red willies' whilst looking at his red wellingtons

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My mindee has also been running around today with a box on his head saying 'boobies'..... I think my 7yo son may have had a hand in that..... They're so funny, though, when they come out with these things, it is tempting to get them to repeat it.....

Love the wellies and the horse
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

years ago I had a 2yr old mindee who shouted "*uck " everytime a truck drove past......

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend's 3 year old accompanied her to the polling station today, proudly telling everyone that there was an erection - of course he meant election!!!!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny McPhee View Post
    My friend's 3 year old accompanied her to the polling station today, proudly telling everyone that there was an erection - of course he meant election!!!!
    ah bless them all!!
    Francine X

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

lol at these kids but i must admit i was angry for you when i read your op. i agree with the others, have a chat and speak to the parents.
    good luck, i slipped up (or rather tripped up) about 6 months ago and shouted oh for f sake! before i had even realised it had come out - there was my 3 year old merrily hopping on one foot shouting the very same utterance in the garden he has never forgotten it even though i explained what a horrid word it was and how we say other, nicer words....little monkey just grins

some days i wish i had a gagging order on myself

doh

What's for you, wont pass by you

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My dd was in the supermarket and shouted oh I love boobies, what are you shouting I asked boobies boobies as she pointed to the BLUEBERRIES

Back on track
    I would say to parents they cant get away with behaviour esp if your neighbour has said something to you
    Joy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When my DD was little she would often get her Ds and Fs mixed up - imagine the shock my sister had when she was proudly showing her the toy ducks she had in the bathroom

Oh and not rude but I always remember when i knew it was time to monitor when the news came on - she got very upset one afternoon when watching Tv and kept talking about the people and the salami - of course she had meant the tsumani turned out she had managed to switch over from cbeebies and caught a news report - but i can never hear mention of that terrible event without thinking "salami" in my head now...

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I was telling my parent a few months ago that her son (age 2) shouted 'look a massive c@ck' I nearly hit the car in front when he shouted it twice. Causing my 14 yr old daughter to gasp and laugh. He was pointing to the town gall which has a massive clock but he couldnt pronounce the L . . .

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntym View Post
    I was telling my parent a few months ago that her son (age 2) shouted 'look a massive c@ck' I nearly hit the car in front when he shouted it twice. Causing my 14 yr old daughter to gasp and laugh. He was pointing to the town gall which has a massive clock but he couldn't pronounce the L . . .

This is funny
    Me x

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

my son couldnt prounce things properly when he was little either and wanted a bag of s**ts for tea he meant chips bless,, my daughter loved to eat c**ts meaning currents when she was younger and one day we were walking around a shoping center and she kept saying look at the t**ts my mum and taughter her about blue tits but she kept missing of the blue part, so embarasing! but halirous too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast