Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sponsered event?

Have any of you ever had a sponsored event before? Our small trampoline is broken and the kids are wanting a toddler one with an enclosure. They are £75. I was considering a sponsered event for the kids to raise the money needed to buy it. Or should I just save up?

I have in my mind that sponsored things are only for charities.

What do you think?

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sponsered event?

hi i didnt want to read and run .... but i haven't got a clue . Im sure someone will be able to give you some advise.

Post Thanks / Like

No idea. Who would you get to sponsor you?

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked into doing the Barnardos Big Toddle? They allow you to keep 25% of any money you raise. You might not get enough to replace your trampoline, but parents would probably be more than happy to get sponsors for their child if they were doing something for charity as well.

Or what about getting the children to make something they could sell? Cakes, cards, decorated plant pots? Or grow some veg & sell them to parents & friends?

You could tell parents that you & the children want to fund raise to buy a new trampoline & you could put up a chart showing how much you've raised (a bit like a church roof fund chart!)

If I was a parent paying a childminder, I don't think I'd be happy doing a sponsored event just to help a childminder provide equipment, but I wouldn't mind doing a part childminder/part charity event or buying something to help raise funds.

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess just my family and the families of the kids, send home sponsor forms with them?

I just started thinking about it this morning and was sure someone on here would have come across this idea before

nov97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

we did the toddle woddle last year all my parents said i should of done it for new toys so this year we doing a sponsered dog walk the kids love walking them so we going to do a few laps around local field