Bit Odd
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bit Odd

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Bit Odd

My neighbour has just popped round to say she has just had a phone call from the council asking about childcare and does she have any children there.
    Now FIS/Council have my full contact details and my number is no where near the same as my neighbours - doesn't even start with the same number.

The council offices and FIS close at 4.30 on a Friday as well.

I checked the number and its an 0845 number. I have tried ringing it and it rings, answers, goes blank as if its gone to an answermachine and then clicks off.

I have tried matching it up on the saynoto08numbers to find the alternative and there is no match.

Something is telling me this is really odd and seems wierdly coincidental. My neighbour often has my youngest in tow at the weekends and she is always popping in and out of mine. The only thing that shows me as a minder is a small decal on the car windows (which is currently parked outside her house - but it has my home numbers). My neighbour will often walk with us to the park/shops etc when I am minding too.

I didn't want to worry my neighbour so I haven't said too much as she is in her 70's (but a very active 'young' lady).

Am i over reacting about this? Would you find it odd?

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bit Odd

very odd....

some odd folk out there! Be on the look out

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

pip PM me the number- i have a checker and can see if its on there hun x

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

If its made you feel a bit out of sorts then yes you are probably right
    always trust your gut instinct its there for a reason

is your local cm head office open still?, or open tomorrow I would contact them or maybe even Ofsted them selves they must have a helpline?

x x x
    Jennie x x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

it's a bit odd. but they called your neighbour - how would they get her number. There are some strange things/people around at the moment but I wouldn't worry too much. They were maybe a parent trying to find out if she had children with you to try and get a recommendation from her about how good your childcare was.