Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Variation query

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Variation query

I have received an urgent enquiry for just two weeks of childcare starting next Monday. Unfortunately on the two Thursdays I will be over my numbers by one between 10am and 2pm. I am registered for only 2 children in the EYFS and both of my own children will be at school.

I have not had my first inspection yet and I understand that they will need to visit me before they even consider this variation. I don't think I will get the variation at such short notice and it may not occur again. I have spoken to OFSTED and all they said was to send the variation form with all the details.

My query is: if I can have another childminder with her mindees and under her numbers at my house over these specific hours would that be OK? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Nina

Twinklestars Guest

Default Re: Variation query

my variation took 4 weeks and that was urgent!! keep chasing them though it took them 4 working days to log in and then they say most are dealt with in 14 working days if you don't need a visit - I didn't have a visit but could have as I haven't had my first inspection either