Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Assistants could anyone offer advice

Right at the time of registering i didnt register my partner as an assistant

Now recently i have been thinking i wish i had

I havnt recieved my crb yet ......do you think i could ring them and ask them to add him on or would they need to come and see him like they did me ??

Also having an assistant would this lead to both of you being inspected at diff times??

Can anyone offer advice iv searched through the "registered assistants bit "

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Assistants could anyone offer advice

I'm not an expert with assistants but as your Hubby is over 16 he would be being CRB checked by Ofsted anyway as he is living on the premises. Its worth calling Ofsted who will advise you to complete a EY2 form for him and he will need training & first aid too.

You will only gain 1 inspection of which he will need to be present for as he will be an assistant. If he registers as a childminder in his own right then you will have to go through 2 inspections - one for each of you.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Assistants could anyone offer advice

[QUOTE=huggableshelly;689408]I'm not an expert with assistants but as your Hubby is over 16 he would be being CRB checked by Ofsted anyway as he is living on the premises. Its worth calling Ofsted who will advise you to complete a EY2 form for him and he will need training & first aid too.

You will only gain 1 inspection of which he will need to be present for as he will be an assistant. If he registers as a childminder in his own right then you will have to go through 2 inspections - one for each of you.[/QUO

I have emailed them for claification as i didnt think he would need the ey2 ??

Also wont need first aid until i start