Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charges for bank holidays

Hi there,

I have had an enquiry about minding some kids on a Mon. I am unsure if I am going to take this on as it would mean I would have 5 or 6 kids with me when I was walking back from school (I would have 3 under 5 in the day), but my main query is that she has asked if I would charge on bank holidays as she works for herself. I can’t afford not to get money for them as she will still be taking my Mon slot, so I was going to charge half a day, does sound about right do you think ?

I probably won’t take them on anyway but am thinking of asking if she can meet me at the school, as I am worried 5 or 6 is too many (ie what do I do if one runs off ahead), just wondered what you did ?
    Thanks x

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Charges for bank holidays

if you want to put her off I'd just tell her you charge for them.

But, on a more serious note, if you don't want to work them ever, then maybe don't charge. I don't particularly but will for x 3/hourly fee (no-one has ever asked). Xmas day I don't work and woudlnt' so I take that as annual leave.