Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wish me luck.....

Sitting 3 mindee's and my son down for a chat after school about their behaviour - its crazy when they are all together - they are all boys grrr!!! Have written new list of house rules am thinking about giving them each one to take home and get them or parents to sign to say they have read and understood? Have also done a star chart - one star each day if they behave, 3 stars = a treat such as a lollypop, small packet of sweets, note pad and pencil - just SOMETHING. Gone for 3 stars as have them all together 3 days a week - pretty sure they will not all be getting a star each day lol but may be an incentive? any advice ideas welcome as at end of my tether.

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wish me luck.....

How about getting them to write their own house rules? Then you can say 'well you decided on them'! It may make them think about what is acceptable behaviour too. Good luck.
    Ali xx

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it right that boys are harder than girls? My 3 mindees all girls all pretty well behaved my own DSs were too, but I am dreading the time I have mostly boy mindees.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

my mindees and ds wrote the house rules together. we also talked about what should happen if someone broke the rules .. gosh they were harsh! so when i toned it all down and helped them word everything in positive language they all had a bit of ownership and it did work for a while! How old are your mindees? lots of group activities where they need to work together to get a result might help - like building a den together in the garden for example.
    Im not a big star chart fan , but go with whatever works for you and the boys!

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replys, didn't have time to go through house rules as 2 were picked up early !!!!! However DID explain about star chart and they all seemed to understand, behaviour much better today - the only one not getting his star being my own ds, oh well, he will learn, maybe!!!!

In answer to questions - I have only ever really minded boys and have 2 boys of my own - new mindee starting after easter is a boy and new one in september is a boy!!!! I do have one girl - f/t aged 2!!!! From what I can gather boys are more full on than girls - would be nice at some point to have a few more girl mindee's!!!!

The 4 boys in question - 3 are 7 years old (one being my own son) with the other 5 years old (brother of one of the 7 year olds)

I had decided I was going to give notice at end of summer term to the brothers , but would be nice if I can turn things around - I can only try!!!!! Things were certainly a bit calmer today - bit of whinging that they need to earn 3 stars to get a treat, lol, hopefully good behaviour tomorrow then!!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I find it's best to be proactive like that... but don't let them slip!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it seems to be working for you.

Good luck tomorrow!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

bless ya when im with my nephews and they get full on i take them down the park and let them run around like crazy loons.. they are more than happy to chill down for a while after one is 8 the other is 5

x xx
    Jennie x x