Had an enquiry for 2011
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Had an enquiry for 2011

Had an enquiry for 2011 . Explained I couldn't take bookings that far in advance but I would ring them in a few months to see if I had any changes of circumstances with LOs I already have.

This LO will be very close to school age when I am required and I would rather have a baby or toddler as the work maybe guarentteed for longer IYSWIM. Also will the two 2 1/2 year old still be with me then or will they be in part time school?

What is the longest you have taken a prebooking and would you hold out if you were me or snatch parents hand off now?
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Had an enquiry for 2011

oh wow that is been very organised !!! i did have one book me when she was 4 months pregnant to start when baby was 6 weeks old

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tracey36 View Post
    oh wow that is been very organised !!! i did have one book me when she was 4 months pregnant to start when baby was 6 weeks old

Sorry to hijack your thread

Glad you have said about this. I have a parent coming to see me next week who's baby is due in september and needs care from may 2011. It was always my impression that i couldn't take a booking until baby is born?? what did you do?? the lady wants to get things sorted and booked in ready.

I'm happy to take a deposit as i won't have a space will my dd starts school in september anyway but would be keeping the place open from september till may.

Thanks

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i've had a mum of a current mindee 'book' me for april 2011, but i won't confirm anything until babe is here - september 2010! i may ask for a deposit for babe, but no retainer, unless i have a space that i am holding!

i have had a couple of babes booked in before they are born, and i give parents a letter confirming an offer of a space, and saying it will be held until X weeks after babe born, and ask them to confirm they want to take up the space, and pay a deposit then.

good luck x

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a place for a mindee when he starts school in 2011 (I only do before and after schools & School hols).

I'm a new CM and still have spaces, the mom was willing to pay a monthly retainer which I was a bit uncomforatble with for 18 months, so we left it that I'd keep him a place, but if I get to the point where someone else is enquiring about the place THEN the retainer will have to come into force.

I think this is fair all round.....

aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

i have 2 that are pregnant and due this year asking about places for when baby turns 9/12 months!!! no way i can hold spaces until then!!! so i just told them i will let them know nearer the time lol xx
    x x