Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How many of you earn a fortune

Hi

Just wondering if any of you are earning a fortune? There's a thread on ***** about how much childminders earn and someone has said if CM's are full they earn loads . Someone else said they used to earn £600 per WEEK childminding . Now obviously I'm doing something wrong because I am certainly NOT earning a fortune or anywhere near. I'm getting quite mad with people assuming that if we have a few mindees we are earning loads but before I get too het up about it I'm suddenly thinking well what if some actually do?????

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How many of you earn a fortune

for the first time ever I am pleased to say I am going to be earning just short of the £600 a week

BUT I am able to have 5 children!

BUT food, travel, expences, arts and crafts, time and stress I will be left with hhmmm £1

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose a lot depends if you have you own children or not. I have two under 5s myself so can only mind one more plus 3 schoolies, but still if I filled all those places I would be earning £340 a week which I think is a pretty good amount, especially considering I get to spend time with my kids too. It's more than I earned previously but then more than double the hours too, so it balances out. But if I didn;t have my own kids then I would be able to earn £660 a week which I think is loads!! obviously it doesn't take account of expenses etc which is probably what people do forget about.

TheBTeam Guest

In our area a full time full day place can earn you around £180 per week, so if you can have 3 children in that bracket plus 3 schoolies at say £75 per week then you could earn around £765 per week.

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one under and one over 5 of my own 1 occasional after school 1 4 days and another 2 days so at the moment I am definatly still doing the lottery and not making a fortune
    Joy xx

Daddy Day Care Guest

Childminder around here could earn that quite easily if they dont have young children. You could be looking at £12 quid an hour for 3 children under 5 then with beofre and after schoolers it soon adds up.

Me I earn 22.75 a week so no I dont earn a fortune lol

Gareth
    xx

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

i am earning around £390 a week, i have 3 parttimers and one fulltimer, so have 4 in total, with permission from ofsted.
    this is my highest earning year, i should really save as have not really ever had the opportunity to save, but i SOOOOOO enjoyed spending this year
    in all honesty tho, i have invested so much more into mindees as in taking them out to more places i couldnt afford before and better crafts etc, so i really have put alot back in.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It does depend where abouts you are in the country as some minders are able to charge an awful lot more than others.

If you had 3 children & charged £30 a day, that's £90. Five days a week would make £450. Then add in some before & after schoolers and you'd be not far off £600.

I know one cm who was very busy over the last half term & earned over £1600 in one week. That was a one off though & she said she wouldn't do it again in a hurry!

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean we are supposed to make money out of this job blimey I must be doing something wrong..(Unless your talking toy money but even then my mindees charge me £5.00 for a tin of beans do these people know how much things cost us )

No I dont earn that but then again I have my own ds under5 so he takes a place and then 2 mindees scattered means the hours I have free are not very good to fill. But Im happy as have time for my own 2 ds's which is why Im doing this job even though its tiring and lots an lots of paperwork ...I love it

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm, thanks for the replies. I guess if you don't have any children of your own in your numbers and you take on your maximum numbers then I can now see you could earn a lot. I was looking at what I'm earning but I have 1 of my own in the early years group and 1 x 5yr old and although I'm full during the days more or less ( a few odd hours free) I decided not to do any before / after schoolies so although I class myself as full or as full as I want to be I'm certainly not making a fortune. Definitely not for the hours I put in.

Thanks. It's cleared it up for me

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrie Louise View Post
    You mean we are supposed to make money out of this job blimey I must be doing something wrong..(Unless your talking toy money but even then my mindees charge me £5.00 for a tin of beans do these people know how much things cost us )

No I dont earn that but then again I have my own ds under5 so he takes a place and then 2 mindees scattered means the hours I have free are not very good to fill. But Im happy as have time for my own 2 ds's which is why Im doing this job even though its tiring and lots an lots of paperwork ...I love it
    Could have written all this myself

xxxx

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

3 x full timers could earn me £630 a week - but sadley full time enquiries are few and far between, so at the mo I have 4 x part timers I work 9.15am - 2.15pm 5 days a week for £274 - which for those hours I think is pretty good.
    I think I saw someone somewhere say a childminders could potentially earn £52,000 per year!!!!!!

One day maybe, one day

x Sarah x

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

i earn £1273 per month but in past with before and after schoolies was earning over 2000 per month

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I could be earning a fortune, I have one four days a week who pays £1000 a month BUT foolishly I gave his Mum exclusivity as I was so desperate to get my first client. Since then I have had to turn down three other parents who would have paid the same. Dont tell my husband he would kill me if he knew as we are broke, broke, broke. Contracts up for renewal in July

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am part time 3days a week

150 a week

but have had 550 a week at my most 3 in day full time and after schoolies

ziller

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is say you do earn £600 a week - based on a four week month that £2,400 - now roughly 1/2 (most of the time more) of my earnings go on expences, so that's 1,200 & then when you take into account the hours I would have put in with & without mindees plus the extra hours on training / qualifications - it's not a lot - especially when you consider what a reception teacher will earn & the benefits / hours involved with that job IYSWIM. Still I'm not complaining - but would be nice to be rich!
    Last edited by Blaze; 17-03-2010 at 09:33 PM.
    Blaze x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I earned £25,000 last year. I don't have any school age children of my own , and work full time but I don't think I could earn this much outside of home, so consider myself lucky!!!

TheBTeam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Day Care View Post
    Childminder around here could earn that quite easily if they dont have young children. You could be looking at £12 quid an hour for 3 children under 5 then with beofre and after schoolers it soon adds up.

Me I earn 22.75 a week so no I dont earn a fortune lol

Gareth
    xx
    Still praying for more, I am sure something will happen soon!

Daddy Day Care Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheBTeam View Post
    Still praying for more, I am sure something will happen soon!
    Thanks, have had a couple of enquiries but seems only people who want me is people who have babies under 1 so i cant do it...but ill get there

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can earn very good money! i am currently on £300 a week with the mindees but have a part time job too (another £70) so do fine..i also work very minimal hours at the mo so lucky.

IF if she says..IF i get the twins that are coming to see me tommorow i will be on over £700 a week in the holidays (as have my school ones full time and another just holiday child i will be on over £1k a week...mad really and does make me laugh when people think we are glorified babysitters..call me what you like for that!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast