Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so upset

Registered Childminder since
    nov97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default so upset

i have a 10 yr mindee who been with me for 6yrs he comes from one parent family he has been told his dad in prison (hes not) anyway i have had a few problems over the years mum always sides with him, he is leaving in 3 wks shes lost her job yesterday i picked him up from school as normal when we got back he started throwing toys around house i said please dont do that you wouldnt do it at home he replied i can do it at home then started shouting at me i asked him to sit down think about how he was treating me
    he carryed on being really cheeky his mums friend picked him up he started crying soon as she come i explained why he was crying
    this morning he walked in i asked if he had anything to say to me he replied yeah my mum says i only have to put up with you for another 3wks then im out of here
    i cant wait for her tonight i never let my own children speak to me like that

jan 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: so upset

That's discusting. What a nasty family. Has he only just started behaving like this?

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Give noltice with immediate effect due to behaviour reasons!
    Blaze x

LOOPYLISA Guest

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be really upset too. I have several older mindies and one is particularly rude to me, but not any more as I got really cross one day and let rip about how I dont talk to him like that, and I dont expect him to talk to me like it. He is fine now

At least you also dont have to put up with it for too long, but how upsetting that mum took that attitude too. I would speak to her tonight and if you arent happy, then terminate now

Sept 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

think i would be giving notice i would not like to have a child in my house after they said that

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooops not a great thing to say really is it..sorry to hear that. I hope you get an apology and it isn't too much of a battle. x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say to her " No wonder you lost your job with an attitude like that "
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I would give notice straight away as i would not tolerate being spoken to like that and especially as it seems to have been instigated by the mother

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haribo View Post
    think i would be giving notice i would not like to have a child in my house after they said that
    Me either
    Doodles

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Your story sounds like my ex-mindee. I put up with his really bad attitude towards me and my children for 3 months. I called his mum to have a chat about him and she said he was probably bored and as I was an inexperienced childminder (I have been minding nearly 2 years now) that was why I was having problems with him. If you haven't got the back up of the mum then you are fighting a losing battle.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Give noltice with immediate effect due to behaviour reasons!
    Ditto - I would not be spoken to like that in my own home - especially when you know its coming from the parent!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bevbeetle View Post
    i have a 10 yr mindee who been with me for 6yrs he comes from one parent family he has been told his dad in prison (hes not) anyway i have had a few problems over the years mum always sides with him, he is leaving in 3 wks shes lost her job yesterday i picked him up from school as normal when we got back he started throwing toys around house i said please dont do that you wouldnt do it at home he replied i can do it at home then started shouting at me i asked him to sit down think about how he was treating me
    he carryed on being really cheeky his mums friend picked him up he started crying soon as she come i explained why he was crying
    this morning he walked in i asked if he had anything to say to me he replied yeah my mum says i only have to put up with you for another 3wks then im out of here
    i cant wait for her tonight i never let my own children speak to me like that
    How dare he speak to you like that, I'd have to terminate with immediate effect!

Post Thanks / Like

Some parents honestly

Hope you are ok sorry that she upset you

Hugs

Angel xx

nov97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

thankyou everyone i foned parent told her i want to speak to her asp her reply im going out tonight i havent got time when she picks him up im going to give her bill tell her he not welcome anymore all the other kids been upset by this they dont like it when he plays up

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a 3 year old very similar to this and I knew that she was just repeating what her Mother had said because the Mother spoke in exactly the same way, any way when the little one started hitting and shouting at the special needs little one I had and telling him he shouldn't be at my house because he wasn't right I soon gave notice with immediate effect, I had been having problems for a while and had logged everything that she and her Mother and sometimes Father had said as I knew I would be reported to OFSTED if I gave notice, which she did, OFSTED got me to send them a copy of everything I had written down, statements from other parents who had witnessed it and said that I was in my rights to terminate immediately because of the issues. So don't let them get you down, no way do you have to take this abuse from them.
    Teacake2

Dec 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

whats that notice they put up in shops and places now....?

abuse of the staff will not be tolerated?

I would 'demand' an apology or they would not come back! give notice. xx
    God Bless xx T

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

that is disgusting been spoke to like that is bad enoug but in your own home!!! no wondr he thinks he can get away with it if his mother is giving him a response like that i would refuse to have him until i had received an appology, i look after a 13 year old she has been coming to me since she was 9 and i have never been spoke to in that way chin up there are good ones out there just depends on if they have been brought up or dragged up!!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solly View Post
    I would give notice straight away as i would not tolerate being spoken to like that and especially as it seems to have been instigated by the mother
    Absolutly agree.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

hi how did tonight go???
    i hope that they said sorry your feeling better.

It's even more upsetting when you know that the mother has said it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast