Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default allison lee book - how to be an outstanding childminder

Is this any good does anyone know? Those of you who have tried and tested, does it do what the title says??

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: allison lee book - how to be an outstanding childminder

Don't rate her other books, so doubt I'd be impressed with this one either! ...Especially as OFSTED constantly change the goalposts, so probably out of date before it was printed!
    Blaze x

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Okey dokey, wont bother ordering that one then
    Is there anything i could download or order with tips and what you need to be doing to become an outstanding childminder do you know?

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The best advice I can give you is ...stick around the forum!
    Blaze x

Oct 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i got this out of the library, its very wordy and mostly duplicates whats in the eyfs pack. not much use but worth a look if you can get it from the library

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im with Blaze - the answers are all on here!! dont be afraid to ask advice ( i have often felt a bit daft , but thats the only way we learn!)
    Theres an ofsted 'guide' - a passion to be outstanding which is quite good ( and free)
    And remember that a grading is subjective, Its one persons opinion of a snapshot day. There are far better minders out there than me , with years and years of experience who havent got outstanding. One of the local minders who i would ask first to care for my son was graded satisfactory.
    Another i know will probably get g or o , but her planning and paperwork and diaries etc are quite often pure fabrication and the way she sometimes speaks to the children is appalling - but im sure she'll turn on the charm during her inspection.

TheBTeam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Im with Blaze - the answers are all on here!! dont be afraid to ask advice ( i have often felt a bit daft , but thats the only way we learn!)
    Theres an ofsted 'guide' - a passion to be outstanding which is quite good ( and free)
    And remember that a grading is subjective, Its one persons opinion of a snapshot day. There are far better minders out there than me , with years and years of experience who havent got outstanding. One of the local minders who i would ask first to care for my son was graded satisfactory.
    Another i know will probably get g or o , but her planning and paperwork and diaries etc are quite often pure fabrication and the way she sometimes speaks to the children is appalling - but im sure she'll turn on the charm during her inspection.
    I could have written this! The satisfactory one is my dh, and the 2 outstanding are two good friends, one was pure fabrication and one was doing it but didnt have a lot of other stuff!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    The passion to be oustanding is available in the free downloads:

A passion to be Outstanding Booklet

Pauline x