Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone else have problems getting on courses

My early year department sent out the latest training via e-mail and guess what all the course I want to do are on week days! Which means I wont earn money that day and have find someone to look after my little boy. I wanted to do the special needs course which is every thursday morning for 10weeks. All the EYFS course (treasure basket etc.) are on during the week. Sorry needed to moan!!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does anyone else have problems getting on courses

Smae here. Although I have done some run by local childrens partnership on Saturdays, the ones I really want to do are on a weekday and like you said would lose money inconveniencing parents.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

yes! exactly the same here!

a couple of years ago, a group of us complained and they offered a few courses on a saturday, but as they were not the courses we actually wanted or needed to do, they were not taken up, and so now they say, that there isn't the demand for weekend courses!

our local DO say that we should factor 4 'professional training days' into our year, and take them as paid days off ... but that still doesn't help with finding cover or attending the courses!

i find too, that the courses i want to do are being run at the other end of the county, and are full even when i do apply !!!

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

This drives me wild too! I would happily do evenings rather than weekends but the ones I want are rarely on in the evening - and if they are we have a silly booking system here - you book on line (only) but they inform you by post if you have got on to the course due often over subscribed - if you have to book online it would make sense to have a no of spaces left option allowing you to book on the next one - rather than waiting weeks to find out if you got a place.

Sorry that's my moan - these courses are geared up for nursery personnel!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

At least you've got courses!

We've had precious little in the last 2 training directories.

Weekday courses are no use though... you should complain

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our children's partnership are pretty good & put most on on a Sat & at different locations around - however there are a couple that I would love to do that they always have at 6.30 in the evening on the otherside of the county . They have a great one next week which is Playing with the Elements - Outside which is on a tues all day - luckily I am not minding on tues . Not good for my friends who wanted to do it too .