February planning... trying something a bit different!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jumpinjen Guest

Default February planning... trying something a bit different!

Please have a look and tell me what you think, and whether any of you do this too... I actually have no idea how it will work yet!!

http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Jenni

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: February planning... trying something a bit different!

Jen this is really good -well done! I have been impressed when you have given advice on planning to others on here before and I could really do with following your lead as I am pants at planning

Where do you get your brill ideas from? x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's interesting... so you are focussing on one area of L & D for the week and doing obs on each child in that area?

Presumably you are going to write up any wow moments that you spot from other areas of L & D at the same time??

Is it because you have concerns about a child's PSED or does it just fit well with Valentines Day and love and family bonds etc?

I am intrigued

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh it sounds wonderful! Can I come to your house and you can look after me?!?!
    Francine X

Oct '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    That's interesting... so you are focussing on one area of L & D for the week and doing obs on each child in that area?

Presumably you are going to write up any wow moments that you spot from other areas of L & D at the same time??

Is it because you have concerns about a child's PSED or does it just fit well with Valentines Day and love and family bonds etc?

I am intrigued
    i feel another ebook in the making!!!!!!!!!
    To the world you are one person, but to one person, you are the world.

jumpinjen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post

I am intrigued
    i was going to plan activities around feelings and relationships because it fitted with valentines and then i went on the training day and I realised that my obs are a bit haphazard.... I write narrative obs on lovely amazing things that i see the little ones achieving but don't really know if I am missing any areas out by doing it this way.... i was intrigued by the ideas at the training and thought I'd give it a whirl; so far i have found several up-to-date sources of info on SEAD, including the card from EYFS and the Penny tassoni book and I'm reading up! It has been interesting today how much more i have noticed in this area because i am watching for it specifically, I am hoping that I will have some inspiration for ways to support them further!

Yes I am still noting down WOW moments! I use them for my next steps planning on a day to day basis so not ignoring everything else!!

Can't be more specific than that; i will have to report back ina couple of weeks with how it worked!!!!

jumpinjen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HomefromHome View Post
    i feel another ebook in the making!!!!!!!!!

Yes LOL, how does Sarah even find time to childmind in amongst being superwoman!!??

Feb 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting- i for one will be following your progress on taking a different path to observations . I'm not sure i have the discipline to keep on track, although I must admit it can be difficult to cover every area equally- i have a chart of the areas i tick off as i observe so i can see if i'm missing observing any one area. I can not wait for the next installment

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Your blog is really interesting, thanks for sharing it with us all. I love the idea of writing special things about the child in the hearts and talking about them, fab way to boost their self esteem consider it nicked

jumpinjen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pudding Girl View Post
    Your blog is really interesting, thanks for sharing it with us all. I love the idea of writing special things about the child in the hearts and talking about them, fab way to boost their self esteem consider it nicked
    Good... that is the idea of the blog!! if you like it, you can subscribe to the posts as I write them on the right hand side of the blog screen, then they will come to your computer (the little bit with the star on) when there is something new!!

Plus I'd like some blog friends so i don't look such a norman no mates out in blogland!!

jen x

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant Blog! I will also be interested in this new way of obs, i will be following its progress!!
    xx Beckie xx

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjen View Post
    Yes LOL, how does Sarah even find time to childmind in amongst being superwoman!!??
    silly its because she is superwoman xxx and she finds extra hrs in a day

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Jenni once again I am inspired by visiting your site. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas.

jumpinjen Guest

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: February planning... trying something a bit different!

Facinating! thanks for sharing - I struggle with obs and tend to waffle I think, may give this a go! I think I subscribed to posts and tried to be a follower but it did nothing when I clicked that one?
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

jumpinjen Guest

Hi!

Click on the box 'posts' under the heading 'subscribe to',
    Choose Atom at the bottom,
    a separate window will open up with a yellow/cream box in it.
    click 'subcsribe to this feed' and it will be done!

Thanks, Jenni

Silly me, yes i see what you mean..., you seem to have to havea google account to be a follower.... erm, not techie enough to know how that works, anyone help?

jen
    Last edited by jumpinjen; 01-02-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jen, thanks for sharing your ideas - very interesting and I'll look forward to sharing your reflections

Miffy xx

Lady Haha Guest

I got that book 'The Crayon Box that Talked' for our 'Its ok to be different' theme here and we did the same thing as you are planning - making up a packet of crayons that the children have made. Only each of my mindees had their own crayon which they coloured in and then we stuck a photo of them on it. I loved the end result so much it's still up in the hall way for parents to see!

It's such a good book too as all my mindees were able to grasp the message it was giving!

I went to subscribe as well, but got caught out on the google bit too!

Love the hearts idea too! I will also be nicking it for valentines day!

jumpinjen Guest

Ah google, schmoogle, i'll just have to keep posting links in here!!

I'm thrilled the book works with little ones..... I'm reading the I love you the purplest tomorrow and making the hearts up!

thanks, Jen