Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: sickness

Registered Childminder since
    October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sickness

Ok. So mindee (after school care) was sick from friday night through to yesterday morning. HAd to be taken to hospital on sunday as it was so bad. However he has come to me tonight, and gone to school today. Technically as it was yesterday morning it wasn't within 24 hrs which is what my policy states (must change it). Would you say anything or just let it ride.... same lot as nits, claiming money etc.

???

Apr 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sickness

I hate having to do it but I would send them home again if the child hadn't been vomit free for the required time.

Had it recently when a parent turned up on doorstep, did all the usual discussion about how baby was today, brought her day bag in etc. Then just as she was leaving she mentioned oh by the way she had diarrhoea yesterday but she seems all right this morning. Very awkward, but I explained that my policy is 48 hours and that therefore baby needs at least 48 hours clear of diarrhoea or vomiting before coming back to me. So she apologised and took baby home again.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Susi is right - it's 48 hours now and that's a Govt recommendation... so if you find it hard to be firm (like me a lot of the time! ), quote the Government and smile in an awkwardly apologetic sort of way...

http://www.hpa.org.uk/infections/top...lines_2006.pdf

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks so much! hadn't realised (have i been in timbuktoo?) about these new guidelines so re doing everyones policy now, letter to all parents! xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Sarah I knew I should have one of these lists but never quite got around to getting one