Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: car insurance

Registered Childminder since
    May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default car insurance

I contacted my insurer and they have told me im not insured to carry children although I took out a business policy. I really dont know what to do now, do I let it run till July and dont use for chidlminding or cancel and take out another policy probably not getting anything back in money from this one.

Im really confused as did a comparison on line and they came up for childminder cover.

Ive just emailed them back saying im not happy as received a mail saying cannot use car for hire or reward. I dont understand this so I mailed them back.

I remember a thread about this insurer and they were not covered for car seats but now im being told Im not insured for the children I look after and it scares me that Ive been driving round in it with them.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: car insurance

which insurance company do you use?
    Katickles

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

ecar insurance

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Just been on the phone to them and they said I can use the car as a childminder but they do not insure any additional children, said that was stupid as most childminders would use there car for business and would have children with them.

Also if I wanted to cancel policy it will cost me £50.00, I dont know if its worth cancelling as runs out in july. I dont think i would get anything back once they took my £50.00 off.

Im so I dont know what to do, I do use the car to get to a tots group and days out.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I always understood that you needed class 1 business and that was all. Obvioulsy this company have decided to re-write what this means... if Ofsted were to come and see you didn't have cover, you would be in deep doodoo...

I would continue to shout at the insurers and get them to admit they have made a mistake. Then tell them they have to let you out of the policy without charging you and you want your money back since it was their mistake. Also don't forget you need your confirmation of no claims discount in writing!

Then have a look around... I just changed to Morton Michel, reasonable price and their policy is specifically written for childminders.

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know if zurich is the same?
    One life live it