Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Teachers and term time only

If you have a teacher that wants a term time only contract for their LO, do you do any charges for school hols???? Bit of a sticky one and wasn't sure what to do. It's for 2 LOs too so would be 2 spaces of mine that would essentially be taken up. I wouldn't mind for the odd half term here and there but am worried that over the 6 week summer break I could be a tad skint lol

aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Teachers and term time only

i am going to be in the same boat soon - 5 days per week, full days term time then nothing during holidays - i was thinking that i would charge a 1/2 fee retainer for the holidays minus my 4 weeks holidays per year - full fee for term time then add up and divide to make payments every month over 12 month period
    Does that make sense? Although alot of people have told me to never do monthly payments??
    x

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to be a term time only CM. At least that way I get chance to do stuff with my children in hols and not have to worry about going places as we all wouldn't get in the car

Think I would charge half fees for hols. If we were away at the same time then not charge at all.

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi i have a teacher on my books she pays a retainer in hols of half her normal fee so she can keep the place in hols whenever is needed its also good for the summer hols as its a long time break you could just do term time tho and take on full time in hols for parents who need hols only
    Im just a littlestar *

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=littlestar;619658]hi i have a teacher on my books she pays a retainer in hols of half her normal fee so she can keep the place in hols whenever is needed its also good for the summer hols as its a long time break

That is what I do. My lo was only 6 months old when she started so she was taking up my under 1 space. I explained to mum that I would need half fees during the holidays to keep the space open and she was ok with it!!

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

When I used to be a teacher I paid half fees during my holidays. Now as a childminder I look after teachers children. They all pay half fees during holidays and are happy to do so
    Grindal

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge a retainer for the holidays for teachers children.
    For the last 2 years all of my under 5's were siblings and full time term time so all of my spaces were taken.
    Not had many issues with them paying the retainer.
    Love Amanda

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I too charge a half fee retainer for the holidays 2 of my mindees are school teachers children so I only work 2 days out of 5 in the holidays, it's great!!!!
    Avril x

May 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I have two teachers and they both pay all year except when I am on holiday. They both do their planning in the school holidays and send their children for shorter days, even though they both still pay for 10 hours days. I have never offered term time only contracts for under 5s as I cant afford to.

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't charge in the holiday but I get paid monthly the fee was divided through the year so I don't get left with no money in the 6 weeks holiday.
    Paula

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I do term-time only as I'm not available during holidays anyway so I don't charge anything. But during the long holidays I might just say that I'm available for one or two days during the holidays, just so that the mindee still remembers me.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Sep 07
    Non childminder member
    Ex Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I currently mind children whose parents are teachers and I charge a 50% retainer fee. They've never had a problem with it. I take 5 weeks holiday per year so don't charge.

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

I have every intention to only offer term time care after my youngest dd goes to school in 18 months.

At the moment I have 1 term time only LO and I charge half fee for 12 weeks of year add it to the 40 weeks full rate and split over 52 weeks. So I get paid the same every week (so I'm not skint in summer hols)
    Me x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singlewiththree View Post
    I don't charge in the holiday but I get paid monthly the fee was divided through the year so I don't get left with no money in the 6 weeks holiday.
    I do that too.

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I have teachers children and they pay 1/2 in the holidays and they can use the space if they want it. Both families are 2 days term time and then they pay 1 day in the hols

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

can i ask do they pay a one off fee for the holidays or do they pay half of their weekly fee every week ??

Just being nosie

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My term time only kids pay an extra 50p per hour so that they dont pay anything during the school hols which I have 3 out of their 5days covered with afterschoolers anyway.

I tend to take the school hols anyway so its really only the 5 weeks during the summer thats affected.
    Fiona xx

Post Thanks / Like

i look after 2 LO who are only term time so i divided the weeks up 47 full 5 half and divided it so i get the same amount every month - works out better so still get same regardless

i amd also a teacher looking for more term time kids - so much easier for me and hubby both teachers

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i used to mind term time only i used to charge full fee for term time, half fee for hols, add together and divided by 12 so i got the same fee each month. Hope this helps.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All my mindees are teacher's children.

The parents pay me half fees to keep the space open. They never use me for care during the holidays. I invoice them the same as normal and just half the total figure. I send invoices out on 22nd of the month by email so they have time to set up the BACS as it is different each month. I get the vouchers automatically each month into my account and then the parents just top up the difference.
    littletreasures xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast