Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default why do i let it mount up?

i have spent most of my free time this week updating and catching up with 6 childrens learning journeys and obs sheets from last october.

Every time i end up spending hours on them i always vow never to get so far behind again. but i always do

i have decided from now on to update them on friday afternoons when the 2 mindees are sleeping or having a play.

anybody else get behind and have to do catch up?

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: why do i let it mount up?

I did but now I write their obs up at sleep time, otherwise i'd put it off and it would never get done

Post Thanks / Like

I am playing catch up! Being ill over Christmas and last week meant nothing got done.

I'm fed up with it too so once I've caught up I'm determined to stay on top of it!

Miffy xx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

me too! i was up to date, and had just done a pile of obs etc and printed photos, and was going to spend the next afternoon putting them in folders etc when my father died, and it knocked me for six, and althoughi was working, and i carried on doing obs etc, i never quite got round to putting them in the folders ... that was september. since then, each month has continued the same, i'm doing it all, and they are piled in the front of the childres folders, i haven't got round to actually sticking them in. i had a day planned last week with no children and i was going to do it ... it snowed, 6 children all day ... didn't happen!

i have just arranged another day off for next week in order to get it done as i am getting so fed up with it! and it doesn't take any time usually, but i've got so out of the habit!

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I try not to get more than a couple of days behind i forget so much otherwise. I have to do my accounts regularly too incase i forget anything!
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my accounts that I get behind with. Was ok till we moved but I don't know the best way to sort out heating/light expenses.

All my other bits are written in now just gaps for those and totals for month.

I am getting there
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a little disorganised but got on top of things as Ofsted visited Tuesday. Dh bought me a big diary and I have noted when I'm going to do things in it and then tick them off when done. Need to update a few things after Ofsted visit ie: website parents handbooks etc to show grade ... Would u do this when the report comes out or before ? Vowed never to get behind !!!!!