Weekend Minding?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend Minding?

Just wondering if this is worth it so please bare with me.

I currently work full-time on a 3 shift roatation in a local factory. I have been trying to registar as a childminder since 2005 but something always comes up that has stopped me from doing so. Now until our mortgage period finishes (August '12) my OH doesn't want to do childminding as he wants to know that I will have work (which I can understand).

I was thinking about registering as a childminder and offering Saturday's and Sunday's until I can quit my job. I know I will have extra tax's etc to sort out and I can't see masses of people requiring my service but our company works one or 2 saturdays a month so do a number of others. It gives me a chance to do something I could enjoy instead of hate.

What do you think?

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Weekend Minding?

In the past I have had quite a few enquiries for Saturday childminding but not prepared to do it. I know these parents have struggled to find someone who will, so perhaps it may be worth you thinking about it, you never know.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I offer weekends as I have shift workers on my books. They pay double time for it though

Good luck whatever you decide

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I work weekends as some of my parents are shift workers. If you want to do it then go for it - I am sure there will be a demand for it. Do you have children of your own? I am always busy doing stuff with my own kids at the weekend anyway so may as well get paid for it!