Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Doing accounts??

I saw an advert on the TV saying about how tax returns have to be done by the end of the month and this has panicked me. BUT I think that as I only started in October I don't have to do anything until Mar / April this year.Is this correct?? Was the advert relating to tax year 2008-2009. Sorry if I'm being think

xxxxx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Doing accounts??

Relax it is relating to 08/09. You cannot physically do 09/10 until the year finishes.

When April comes around you will do accounts from Oct 2009 to April 4 2010 and then you can submit then when you like and have until 31st January 2011.

Any tax due (you shouldn't have any) will be due for payment by 31st January 2011 or fines can be levied (initial one is £100)
    Debbie

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Doing accounts??

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    Relax it is relating to 08/09. You cannot physically do 09/10 until the year finishes.

When April comes around you will do accounts from Oct 2009 to April 4 2010 and then you can submit then when you like and have until 31st January 2011.

Any tax due (you shouldn't have any) will be due for payment by 31st January 2011 or fines can be levied (initial one is £100)
    Phew, thank you Debbie, I was panicking for a while.

Thanks

xx