Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Advice on Assistants pls

Hello All

I'm new so dont know if this is the right place to post this message.

My dilema is i am planning to get pregnant again but last time i did when i went on maternity i lost most of my work. I really don't want to lose the children and mess the parents around. Last time I had 4 months off and spent the time feeling under pressure to come back. I took the 4 months as my baby got ill and ended up in hospital otherwise i would only have taken 2 months. So basically i want to take 6 - 9 months off without losing my business. Tricky

So this morning i had a light bulb moment in the shower and thought why don't i get an assistant or another childminder to work with me part time then when i go on maternity she can have the kids full time in my house until i come back. Then when i'm back she does part time again. Benefits to her is extra money, the experience of an established minder, a ready made business and i have people waiting for spaces so she could have them. Does that all make sense??

Has anyone done this or knows the pros and cons of having an assistant or childminder working in your home? Am i missing something? Whats the diffrence between an assistant and another childminder?

Any advice would be great. thanks x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Advice on Assistants pls

Hiya

There is a whole section on Assistants, you probably haven't found it yet, I know what it is like for newbies, finding their way around

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...splay.php?f=25

I will move your post in there as you will get more help and replies. There is also quite a bit of information on the pros and cons.

Pauline x

Jan 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Advice on Assistants pls

Thanks Pauline. I'll get the hang of it eventually! Had a look at the links. Very useful Now just got to decide whats best to do. x