advice for parents christmas pressie please!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default advice for parents christmas pressie please!

Hi, I am getting my mindee's to decorate a canvass for their parents for xmas but I'm a bit unsure what to do.

I have a 16 month old little girl and a 26 month old boy.

The girl one I have painted with metallic lilac and the boys is a pearlised green.

However I'm not sure whether to help them to do a footprint'handprint angel, get them to decorate it themselves with their handprints with minimal help from me or get them to fingerpaint it.

Obviously the last choice will be a bit of a mess and the parents might not want it on their walls but it will be their child's own work!

I like the angel idea and think it will look fab but that will be mostly my work using their hands and feet!

what would you all do?
    Little Miss Chatterbox xx

jumpinjen Guest

Default Re: advice for parents christmas pressie please!

I'd do their own work, as if it was me, that is what I'd want on my wall, but if you think that they will get it out once a year at Christmas time to hang up, the angel idea sounds cute..... what a lovely idea overall I think!!! Perhaps if you go the angel route and let them do a free hand christmas card you get the best of both worlds??

jen

Registered Childminder since
    mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

i did both LOL i done nice handprint on canvas with child name and age and the i let the kids do their own work with their hands (11 and 17months)
    parents loved it and mum too own art to work and canvas isat home on wall!!

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a lovely gift idea, if I was the parent I would cherish whichever one you decide to go with. Keep in mind that working parents don't have time to do these kind of things with their kids. I also like the angel idea, even though you are supervising it, it's their feet and hand prints and its nice to see how small their feet/hands were when they are all grown up

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as the footprints/handprints are a nice keepsake and a memory of their growth etc, I would go with the finger printing/painting.

I did it last year for Father's Day. LOs were 19 mths and 4 yrs old. They literally just had a canvas and I provided paints and brushes and off they went - it was entirely their own work.

Mum said the following week that dad absolutely loved them!!! No, they might not display it in their front room!!! But I bet they will display it somewhere.
    Helen

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Both ideas are great,I helped the children to make christmas tree decorations using clay and then they painted, them one little one painted hers a mucky greeny/brown colour not very christmassy but mum loved it.