Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Xmas presents from parents

I have a parent who is continually early in mornings, late in evenings, and just generally abuses my flexibility. Had a tube of blue smarties last year, (I guess the thought counts but she could have taken the BOGOFF sticker off tho! )

This year she has just given me an already opened/half eaten tin of sweets!

Is this an improvement?

As per the reminder of forum rules - I have other really good parents and all the children are brill!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Xmas presents from parents

[QUOTE=cuffleygirl;595031]I have a parent who is continually early in mornings, late in evenings, and just generally abuses my flexibility. Had a tube of blue smarties last year, (I guess the thought counts but she could have taken the BOGOFF sticker off tho! )

This year she has just given me an already opened/half eaten tin of sweets!

/QUOTE]

nice! think I would rather have nothing![

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, soryy but thats funny
    i have one parent who always gives me a £30 next voucher (had cash this year )

and another who i think gives me what evers left over from the office party

Lady Haha Guest

Just had my first pressie off a parent this year! A lovely pair of ear rings! They really are beautiful. But I'm allergic to anything other than gold or silver and they aren't gold or silver!!!

But I have to admit, that even ear rings I can't wear tops a half eaten tin of sweets !!!!!!!

I just don't understand how she could do that!!!

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

count yourself lucky i get nothing................

ungrateful parents

LOOPYLISA Guest

Sorry

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not had so much as a christmas card

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

well last year I had a hand made gift given to me and this year the same parent has given me the tiniest Thorntons bar of milk chocolate in the world was probably about £1 if that, I have been very generous to this family over the last 4 months and cant believe they show their appreciation like that ! i may sound really ungrateful but would rather they hadnt bothered than insult me with a bar of chocolate

one parent left tonight saying oh will probably not see you now till new year..... and walked out no merry christmas or kiss my ****

one parent I know will buy me a tin of chocs , unopened ( thats really awful cuffeygirl )and a bottle of wine maybe same very year

as for the other i have grown not to expect anything so i wont be disappointed...

I am ungrateful i know but just once a year it would be nice for parents to say we appreciate you is it too much to ask !!!!
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had 3 presents so far and i haven't opened them yet they are under the tree I think one is smellies and one is chocolates, not sure what the other is
    I also got a £10 bonus from one of my mums which i think was really thoughtful as she works all hours to make ends meet.

I think i would also prefer to recieve nothing rather than 1/2 a box of chocolates.

TheBTeam Guest

Dont get something off of most of them, I had £50 in cash last year and the year before from one family which is lovely as this is more than there weekly fee.

Today one mum whose little girl i have only had before and after school for a few weeks and she is off sick this week dropped in with a bottle of cava and a large box of Thorntons chocolates, what a lovely thought.

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

nothing yet but i know i will get somethingas both have said to me about going out to buy my presents

we had a neighbour who used to buy herslef stuff and if she didn't like it give it to me the funniest was a bar of chocoalte that had a bite mark and teeth marks still in it yum yum

it did go straight in the bin

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll get lovely gifts for me and my children (and probably my own parents too) from all my families. I am very lucky
    Ali xx

Post Thanks / Like

In her defence maybe she didn't realise they were half eaten???

My SIL caught my niece carefully putting the tape back round a tin of Celebrations SIL had bought for a present!!!!!!! When she investigated further she found all my nieces favourites were missing

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had anything, not even a card and doubt I will get anything

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    that's poor..

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If I get something then it'll be next week when I finish for xmas.

We all work really hard and it's nice to be appreciated especially at christmas, even a card wouldn't go amiss sometimes.

Last week was Mitchells nativity and I saw how much his teacher has done for him, he's a livewire to say the least Anyway as a thank you to her I bought her some flowers, she was over the moon with them. I just wanted to say thanks.

Carol xx

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAROLYN View Post
    In her defence maybe she didn't realise they were half eaten???

My SIL caught my niece carefully putting the tape back round a tin of Celebrations SIL had bought for a present!!!!!!! When she investigated further she found all my nieces favourites were missing
    At least she had the decency to put the tape back on, a few years ago when I was teaching and had an aupair here in the house I'd hiddden lots of pressies all over the house like tins of sweet and biscuits and when I took on out to wrap it I thought it wasw very light when I picked it up then discovered that the tape had been removed I went mad and the kids denied all knowledge and the aupair said nothing as they had done it when she was supposed to be caring for them she was probably watching re runs of friends on sky (as she always was no matter what time I came in - feet up on my sofa in the living room) letting the kids run riot, or she was in on the act herself - it was a tin of Celebrations and only the bounty snickers and another nutty one were left - not at all obvious.

Actually, two of my girlies finished for Christmas today and Dad came to collect early - and not a dickie bird - but having said that mum brought me a box of Thorntons chocs during the last summer hols and I'd only had the older girl one day pw since last Feb., so mum may be round yet - I sent the 2 home with pressies for under the tree, 2 nice little necklaces from AVON one a dolphin and the other Ella the fairy - I tend to keep mindee presents to about £5-£7.00 plus I buy LO's santa pressies for all the christmas parties we have/go to.

As most of my parents are new to me this year I don't know what to expect really. I bet my F/Timers parents won't buy a thing they are the young ones(20/21) who married this summer and have split up already despite being together for for at least 3 years and living together for most of that time. - I'm not sure they have actually split up - it all doesn't add up - I think its a bit of a tax fiddle when they realised they were better off living as though they weren't co-habbiting I think. I think it was a way of getting a house from a housing assocation - mums mum happens to work for one and hey presto mum and daughter are moving on Jan 2nd I bet I'll be hearing of a big reconcilliation before long - Dad's sister tends to let the cat out of the bag. They are not bad kids but thats all they are.

Oh I have to say the mad mum - (cheekie one) told me she had bought me a pressie. And C's mum will buy me something too. My TTO before and after schooler Parents are teacher so I may get something from them but I bet it will be really small they are loaded and live in a really huge house on the edge of the town. Mum is a deputy head & Dad is also a childrens entertainer and Party DJ at weekends. Plus Social Services pay their fees as LO is a cared for child (used to be fostered). Nice enough family I knew them from Church and we have some mutual acquantences. Other 3 children only started last week one before and after school 1 day and some holiday cover plus 2 brothers one aged 1.5 and the other aged 6 (3fulldays & 3 after schools) mum has just gone back to work after having nearly 2 years off so won't be expecting anything there either. I have bought presents for all the kiddies even the new ones - its all part of the the celebration to give pressies to LO's and make them feel special. If they are still here next year and only give me a bar of chocolate with teeth marks in then I will be a bit disappointed - if I still get nothing I will be happy with a nice card.
    Celest

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    nor me. And I have to admit I felt a bit disappointed. One of the two who's finished didn'y even say happy christmas. A card made by the child would be a lovely touch

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I just could not stop laughing at some of these stories

Half eaten box of chocs - I would have given them her back and said " I think you gave me your box by mistake " Imagine her face
    I would have to say something I just could not leave it - how rude of her

What a cheek

Angel xxx

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Sorry but I just could not stop laughing at some of these stories

Half eaten box of chocs - I would have given them her back and said " I think you gave me your box by mistake " Imagine her face
    I would have to say something I just could not leave it - how rude of her

What a cheek

Angel xxx

Your cracking me up today Angel!!

I never really thought about the parents giving me presents. My first christmas minding so we'll see what happens. although i'm not expecting anthing thinking about it my full timers mum pays me too much each week so she's bound to do something.

I'll be happy with just a card but cash would be great too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast