strange phone call
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default strange phone call

Ive just hada call from someone about some book publication asking where to send it, i asked what it was and they said a book that has my advertisement in and is ready to be dispatched, after saying ive not signed up to any advertisement they hung up, has anyone else had a call like this, i didnt get the company name as i couldnt understand them very well, hence asking again what the book was for.

Now i know i have paid nothing for advertising but im worried someone is going to try and ask money off me now
    Marie.

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: strange phone call

Sound like one of them things where they try to convince you you have agreed to an ad and now you have to pay.

think someone else on here had similar issues. Did you do 1471 to get the number?

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

with held, i dont agree to pay for anything over the phoe as i never hear properly and marc would shoot me if i agreed to pay rediculus amounts of money,lol
    Marie.

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have had this before you ask them and they say its for charity and will go to you or a local school to be distrubuted and your school will get a letter saying you donated them etc.... costs a arm, leg, head and body though I told them dont think so

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband's had phone calls like that at work. They say he's put an advert in their publication, has agreed to pay X amount for the following years fees, that he's agreed to make a regular donation to charity etc.

Some of them get really quite abusive when he questions them about it

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

not had anything like that .. yet

if soemone wants money for advertsing ask for the full detaisl of where they got it etc

and dont pay
    To Dare Is To Do

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of this before - it's a scam!

Hopefully they won't bother you again

Miffy xx

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree its a scam

What a cheek

Angel xx

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devoncm View Post
    Ive just hada call from someone about some book publication asking where to send it, i asked what it was and they said a book that has my advertisement in and is ready to be dispatched, after saying ive not signed up to any advertisement they hung up, has anyone else had a call like this, i didnt get the company name as i couldnt understand them very well, hence asking again what the book was for.

Now i know i have paid nothing for advertising but im worried someone is going to try and ask money off me now
    OMG, do you remember who they are??? I got done by a company called "strawberry education ltd also known as Yellow Partnership http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_i...rtnership.html, I ended up having to pay £250 for something I didnt ask for, the talked me around to thinking that i said yes this ended up me saying yes to something I didnt want...... dont say yes to anything over the phone, ask for the proposal and any correspondents via mail (not email)

Ive been con don't let it happen to you...