how do you decide you are too ill to work?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how do you decide you are too ill to work?

Hi
    Have had the flu along with my husband and son which we cought from the LO i look after ( i posted other posts about it)
    Have been off last week already ( i only work two days) i am supposed to be back to work tomorrow but i am not sure i am well enough tolook after two children + mine and school run and H will probably be home too as he is really unwell

When do i tell the parent i cannot work? i may feel better by this evening but I might not, am losing money too which we really cant afford to lose but I really dont know if i can do a full working day tomorrow

What would you do?

Moz

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how do you decide you are too ill to work?

Last week when I was feeling ill but not really ill and unsure what to do I texted and warned parent I was feeling off, she offered to make other arrangements so we went with that option.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I took from Friday through to the following friday off with Flu, I still don't feel great but am lucky not to be too busy and parents more than happy for lots of free play so I can still rest

If you don't feel right don't work, I thought on Friday I felt much better then wnet back for a nap 10:30am-2pm lol

Hope you feel better soon

TheBTeam Guest

Not sure, so far I haven't needed to put parents off. I seem to be able to keep going, there have been a few times if i was going off to work in an office that i wouldn't have done, but have carried on childminding.

I would let them know earlier today rather than later if you really are not up to it. I was so ill when my daughter was 7 months and would not have been able to work for about a month, very luckily I have not had anything like it since.

July 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hun, I am sorry you are not feeling well.

Only you know if you are up to minding tomorrow, and if you decided you cant then I would give the parents as much notice as possible.

Personally, I will only not work if my head is down a toilet, basically as I have only been minding for a while, I need to money.

I hope you feel better soon and take care of yourself.

Lovies
    Tam
    x

feb 91
    Post Thanks / Like

Being self employed means working when you would'nt if you were in a different job iyswim!
    Several years ago I had a hernia op and was back to work the next day
    Luckily?? I usually get ill at the weekend and manage to keep going through the week, but earlier this year I actually had to take a whole week off with infected tonsilitis.
    Just give parents as much notice as you can. you could warn them you will probably not work so they can have a backup ready but if you are able, will phone in the morning?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd agree to give the parents as much notice as you can if you think you're not going to be able to work.

Sometimes that means that you take an extra day off when perhaps you didn't need to................

Hope you're feeling better soon

Miffy xx

Non childminder member
    Ex Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I ended up working on Friday and felt veeeeeeery rough but better than the evening before. It was the longest day ever but I need the money (especially since I will lost a days wages for Xmas day etc). Not had flu but a hideous cold (which is still lingering) so I am relying on drugs to get me through

Hope you feel better soon (along with the rest of your brood). I guess only you can decide whether you can cope or not.

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks and sorry didnt reply earlier, just been to unwell and under the duvet ! It is the flu i got from the children so the mum knows how i feel

spoke to her earlier and we decided i will do thgursday and friday instead of tomorrow and tuesday which suits me as i already lost last weeks money and cant afford to lose this week and i am off to france for the xmas holidays so less pay again, i really hope i will feel better by the end of the week

moz

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

\that gives u a bit more time to recover. It is hard deciding when to have the time off as i feel im letting the parents down but you have to look after yourself

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

When the Lemsips don't work and I feel too ill to drive. Or worse case scenario I'm being sick as that would be the winter vomiting bug and I have to close anyway.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com