Registration Requirement for Childcaring in private rented office space.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registration Requirement for Childcaring in private rented office space.

Good Morning all,

I introduced myself yesterday mentioning I hope to establish childcaring in office space I hope to rent instead of my home. However, I believe username - Dobby mentioned that different Registartion is required.

Just seeing if anyone else can shed light on it?

Cheers.

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Registration Requirement for Childcaring in private rented office space.

That would probably come under a private day nursery which is - as you say- very different to CMing

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: Registration Requirement for Childcaring in private rented office space.

Hi there and welcome (must have missed your hello post, sorry).

I think yes you will find that as you are not minding from domestic premises ie your own home it will not be classed as childminding and it will be different registraion.
    Your best bet is to give Ofsted a call and discuss with them 08456 40 40 40

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As I understand it this would be Childcare on Non-Domestic Premises.

Try looking on the Ofsted website for that. I haven't looked at this properly, but it might give you the info you need

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home...estic-premises

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems that it doesn't matter random, the classification from Day-carer has been changed to childcarer and whether its domestic or non-domestic doesn't seem to mattter.

I want to ensure a parent can come down, thinking its designed for children in the first instance not changed to safeguard children.

Cheers Mouse.