Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: is this cheap?

Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default is this cheap?

i btought my new to me jane powertwin pram into the house today as when i used it the other day i noticed the front wheel was a bit flat, so brought it in to blow it up. well i made a complete hash of it, i bent the valve bit and when i put the pump on a load of green slime came out! (since found out it was tyre slime). didnt know what to do so i rang a friend who has the same pram and she suggested taking it down the local bike shop.

i did and a young lad took about 5 mins and put a new innertube in it and charged me £5!

I thought this was really cheap, i expected it to be alot more. just wondered what others have paid?

He also told me not to use tyre slime as it makes a horrible mess and is useless. i did stress to him that it wasnt me and was the previous owners

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: is this cheap?

How did the wheel go flat? I didn't think pram wheels would go flat? maybe it's just me

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

mine are like mini bike wheels. it wasnt flat till i started trying to blow it up it was just a bit soft and i made it 10 times worse by bending the valve

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

They mustn't have put enough slime in if you got a puncture with it. I took my Nipper to the bike shop and yes it was £5 and done far faster than I could have done it!!

I find the Jane (and Nipper for that matter!) pumps are little more than useless anyway and just use a car footpump instead

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem with my Jane tyre last week. I got 2 new inner tubes off ebay for about £7 so I've got a spare one now just incase i get another puncture.
    £5 sounds a good deal to have it repaired too.

TheBTeam Guest

I paid £5 in Halfords about 7 years ago, so the same price is very good value.