Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I think I have opened a can of worms

I have children on all 3 registers and at present my certificate says that I can leave children with my assistant on the EY register but doesn't mention anything about the other two.

Ofsted guidelines say that assistants cannot enter the premises with older children until the main childminder is present which is no good to me if it is bad weather.

After a few calls today the DCSF says that this is not what was meant to happen with their ruling and Ofsted are saying the the DCSF say this is what has to be adhered to.

I have left the DCSF discussing the matter with Ofsted.

Cannot believe that I am the first person to ask the DCSF why but at least they are actively looking into it and have said that I will get an email or phone call in the next two days.

Will update as I find out.
    Debbie

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I think I have opened a can of worms

Looking forward to their relpies Debbie, keep us posted

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like when they were arguing over the wording of the rising 5s issue.

I cannot believe nobody has questioned it before though... has Ofsted involved the directorate?

Good luck with getting an answer

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Funnily enough Debbie , another childminder and I were talking about that this morning saying how daft it is that assistants can do school runs etc but can't go in the house untill the childminder is back.
    Well done for questioning it - I would have probably just gone on moaning about it

TheBTeam Guest

I would have been moaning had my dh not registered as a childminder in his own right just before this all came into effect.

I was the first when we went to the consultations before the eyfs to mention about the rising 5 issue, i do sometimes wonder who decides all this stuff, cos they obviously havent read or thought about a lot of it!