Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hand gel

Registered Childminder since
    June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hand gel

I was just having a mooch on bromley and noticed they have permission form for using hand gel, is this a requirement??

Straws xxx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hand gel

i dont think it is a requirement, but i always had one because the v.first mindee i ever had was allergic, & when discussing it with doc (mindee needed it get there quick so parent meet me there) he actually said it was v.common. (parent didnt know either they used bar dove soap). i havent come across it since but to be on safe side i also have a permission form with a section on it to make sure child isnt allergic before signing. its down to the parents then. hope this helps and im sure there will be more responses for you. xxxx

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather than have endless permission forms for every possible situation it is far simpler, and totally acceptable to ofsted, to ask the parent to list any allergies they are aware of in your initial information form. If there is any genuine medical reason to be concerned for a particular child, because of skin sensitivities, then get the parent to supply a specific hand cleanser / cream / gel for their child.

99.9% of us are quite able to use all of the soaps on sale in shops.

This is another instance of unnecessary red-tape.

Regards

David
    Last edited by David Sheppard; 11-11-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Sheppard View Post
    Rather than have endless permission forms for every possible situation it is far simpler, and totally acceptable to ofsted, to ask the parent to list any allergies they are aware of in your initial information form. If there is any genuine medical reason to be concerned for a particular child, because of skin sensitivities, then get the parent to supply a specific hand cleanser / cream / gel for their child.

99.9% of us are quite able to use all of the soaps on sale in shops.

This is another instance of unnecessary red-tape.

Regards

David
    I am with you on this one. Ofsted were fine about it too as the children all demonstrated that they could use it, including the 1 year old (with assistance)
    Debbie