Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Audio books for older children??

Hi everyone. How are you all on this wet and miserable afternoon?

I am just looking for Christmas gift ideas for a family member while all my mindees are napping.

He is actually a foster child and is 9 years old. He was fostered by my DH's aunt 2 years ago and when he first came to her he was very troubled and had a phobia of words - including reading and being read to.

He has come a long way in that time and can now read small words, though does not yet have any interest in reading books. However he will allow people to read to him now and likes audio books.

I have just been looking on Amazon for some audio books for him for xmas, but cannot seem to find any that cater for his age range. Other than Harry Potter, they all seem to be based around much younger children.

I just wondered if any of you have anything you could recommend? I am truely lost for ideas on what to get him

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Audio books for older children??

What about something like these

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webap...020__category_

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webap...020__category_

We've also got a collection of Roald Dahl audio books that the children really enjoy.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Audio books for older children??

Thanks Mouse. We have got the Roald Dahl collection too. I love the book people and have just placed a big order for christmas! I didn't see those ones on there.

I have just emailed my DH's aunt to see if he'll like any of them.

Thanks for your help

Aimie. x