Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are we starting week 1 again Angel?

The title says it all!

Just wondered if any of us are starting from week 1 again tomorrow? Ha ha!

(I wonder how many week 1's we can have in 2008?)

I'm planning on starting again tomorrow anyway!

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Are we starting week 1 again Angel?

can I join back in with you too lorri please

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The more the merrier!

Post Thanks / Like

I think last year week one started every few weeks lol. I'm not losing any weight but i am losing inches so i'm quite pleased. I've had to take my trousers "in" twice in the last 5 weeks

xxx

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Theresa

I'll join in to if that's ok Lorri?

I really need to stick to it this time though

Carol xx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell me about it Carol!

Have you got any ideas how we can be encouraged to stick to it this time?

What about having a time of say 8 weeks and see who's lost the most pounds and they get something for it but I wouldn't have a clue what though!

I need something to make it fun and a challenge!

Post Thanks / Like

im deffo in again as of tomorrow!!!! have eaten and drank far too much this last few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 weeks till hols so thats my motivation x
    Lou xx

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive got about 16 weeks til my holiday,,, everytime I eat anything I am thinking about walking around in summer in nice girly summery clothes and its helping - so is the hoodia.

Was a bit of a rubbish day yesterday, didnt take any hoodia and I did eat a bit of crap tbh.

But back on it today and doing well.

I am in total 5.5lbs lighter - I think I need to be exercising though, Im not doing enough and I need to be doing it

Hope you are all off to a good start this week!

x
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    Ive got about 16 weeks til my holiday,,, everytime I eat anything I am thinking about walking around in summer in nice girly summery clothes and its helping - so is the hoodia.

Was a bit of a rubbish day yesterday, didnt take any hoodia and I did eat a bit of crap tbh.

But back on it today and doing well.

I am in total 5.5lbs lighter - I think I need to be exercising though, Im not doing enough and I need to be doing it

Hope you are all off to a good start this week!

x

I started the hoodia on Friday and it works!! So far anyway.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you guys doing a certain diet or just doing your own thing and supporting each other? *sigh* I used to be so teensy, even after 3 kids. Then along came my last DD and I went on Depo Provera so I could breast feed and bam, gained about 3 stone AFTER she was born. Now I'm off the Depo and looking for some support. I've tried Slimming World, which is great but I don't have any free time at the moment. Managed to lose a stone last year but have gained it all back during Xmas.

I'd love to join y'all if that's okay?
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes we are all doing our own thing

But trying to support each other

Feel free to join us and have a moan when you are feeling hungry etc

Angel xx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I am on day 2 of my liquid diet and although I am not hungry my head is thumping and I have started to get the shakes.

I was warned that this would happen but I really don't feel too good at all.

I am getting ratty, short tempered, shaky, tired and as I said have a thumping headache.......but my consultant has told me that I will probably feel like this between days 2 & 4

To top it all off I have got to go out to a meeting tonight which I really can't cancel as it is to do with my role as a Support Minder.
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, I really respect what you're trying to do. I get nasty just from cutting certain foods out of my diet, let alone going liquid.

I can only wish you the very best, most heartfelt wises for success. And ummm, has anyone warned your support buddies yet?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeb66 View Post
    Well I am on day 2 of my liquid diet and although I am not hungry my head is thumping and I have started to get the shakes.

I was warned that this would happen but I really don't feel too good at all.

I am getting ratty, short tempered, shaky, tired and as I said have a thumping headache.......but my consultant has told me that I will probably feel like this between days 2 & 4

To top it all off I have got to go out to a meeting tonight which I really can't cancel as it is to do with my role as a Support Minder.

Oh dee!! liquid diet is it the cambridge one you're doing?

Doesn't the weight come back on when you start eating normal food again or do you have liquid for the rest of your life?

Good luck and i hope the headaches go soon, you're one tough lady to do such a drastic diet -

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I think you can put on weight easy after a diet whatever diet you do

Every time I have a good weight loss I get over confident and for a while I do not want to eat - and I do not start putting the weight back on

But then I start to eat a little more - then I put some weight on

Before I know it ive put it all back on and more

How the hell does that happen

Its so unfair

The secret is knowing and understanding that healthy eating and cutting down on the junk is not just for when your on a diet but its for LIFE if you want to stay slim

xx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    Oh dee!! liquid diet is it the cambridge one you're doing?

Doesn't the weight come back on when you start eating normal food again or do you have liquid for the rest of your life?

Good luck and i hope the headaches go soon, you're one tough lady to do such a drastic diet -

xxx
    Hi Theresa

Yes it is the Cambridge diet.

I am now on day 3.....I feel a bit better this morning as I have had some coffee because I think the headaches and shakes were down to caffeine withdrawal.

I am allowed to drink coffee but it has to be black which I am not a lover of but had some last night and this morning and will try and cut it down slowly rather than all at once!

Yes it is quite drastic but I am sick and tired of saying I will loose weight and don't....I give myself permission to eat something as 'it really doesn't hurt' which to be honest it does because it ends up destroying the day or the week!............I am sure that everyone has been in the same position before.

I know that I have had a lot going on in my life in the last year but I am now heavier than I have ever been and to be honest I am so unhappy about my weight that I have got to the point of having to do something drastic.

I don't know if I will manage to stick to it (I am not going to say that I definately will because every time I go on a diet I end up breaking it!) but at this point I am pretty determined.

Angel is right in that no matter what diet you do when you come off it if you eat more than you should or too many of the wrong things you will put on weight.............I am living proof of that!.......over the last 10 years I have pretty much done most of the diets that are out there and achieved success with most of them but at this point in my life I am classed as Morbidly Obese

What i will have to do when I am getting fairly close to my target is to re-introduce foods slowly and combine healthy eating with the Cambridge until I stabalise.

If I find the diet workes for me I suspect that I will probably end up staying on a form of it for the rest of my life.........what I am hoping that I will be able to do is to continue with the liquids during the day and then eat an evening meal with the family.
    Dee

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish you all the strength, support and luck in the world. There was a mum at the school who has been on Cambridge and her results were amazing. She allowed herself one fab meal at the week end but otherwise stuck to it. Not sure if she's started to re-introduce solids yet or not.

My biggest challenge is that as soon as I have a bit of success I think "cool, I deserve a treat for that" and then undo all my hard work. Self-sabotaging and I can't figure out why because nobody wants me to lose weight as much I want me to lose weight!

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tatia View Post
    I wish you all the strength, support and luck in the world. There was a mum at the school who has been on Cambridge and her results were amazing. She allowed herself one fab meal at the week end but otherwise stuck to it. Not sure if she's started to re-introduce solids yet or not.

My biggest challenge is that as soon as I have a bit of success I think "cool, I deserve a treat for that" and then undo all my hard work. Self-sabotaging and I can't figure out why because nobody wants me to lose weight as much I want me to lose weight!
    Thanks Tatia

Yes that is exactly my problem hence the reason I am probably heavier than what I was in January when I promised myself I was going to loose the weight!

Hopefully we can all try and loose some weight together......my summer holiday is booked and I don't want to be the whale on the beach again!!!
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like

How you feeling today Dee ?

Angel xx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    How you feeling today Dee ?

Angel xx
    A little better today Angel as I have had a couple cups of coffee.....convinced that it was due to caffeine withdrawal why I felt so awful yesterday.

I am tired but then that is lack of sleep last night!

My Consultant did warn me that I would feel pretty awful in days 2-4 but am surprised at how much better I feel today.

I am surprised that I am not hungry either

The last solid food I had was on Sunday.

I am drinking at least 8 pints of water a day plus Red Bush tea and black coffee so my belly is probably full due to that!

I did struggle a bit at tea time as I did jacket potato with chicken fillets in crumb and sweet corn which I really love and the smell was getting to me a bit but I have gone round with the can of air freshner to get rid of the smell

How is your diet going this week?
    Dee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast