Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Terrified lol

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrified lol

I know it is so daft but I am absolutely terrified about my first Ofsted inspection since registration. It will be happening in the next few weeks, and even though I think I am doing a fab job, I'm not sure if Ofsted will lol. I think I have got everything covered but would be grateful for any tips or helpful advice

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Terrified lol

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    I know it is so daft but I am absolutely terrified about my first Ofsted inspection since registration. It will be happening in the next few weeks, and even though I think I am doing a fab job, I'm not sure if Ofsted will lol. I think I have got everything covered but would be grateful for any tips or helpful advice
    If you have a DW or similar, why not call them in. Mine was invaluable in highlighting areas that Ofsted would look at.

And have you done your SEF ?

PS, see you only reg in Aug - I think you have afew more months to wait before you really get worried about Ofsted coming. Take the time to get yourself sorted, so that you are calm and collect when the time comes.

xx

Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true but because I have asked for a variation, they want to bring my inspection forward....eeek! I haven't even looked at my SEF yet so will prob start on that this evening

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied for a variation, and ofsted came and did a mini inspection on me last week.

Inspector was here all of 28 mins, checking my children's ages, those of mindees, recap of equipment etc and she was gone. Didn't check any of my paperwork and but I suppose she did observe me whilst she was here. My variation was granted, but I still have my proper quality inspection to face in the next few months.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine.

Fingers crossed you get the variation

Miffy xx